• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unable to identify if male or female

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy to see another Indian in the forum.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! I agree with the above posts. :)

viznu

Moving in
Real Name
Vishnu
Are you sure they are love birds? They look like budgies, a very sweet pair of budgies :heart: ... And i think the gray one is a boy.
Yes Budgies, my mistake.....in this part of the world these are 'Love Birds'':( ...Thanks SumitaSinh

viznu

Moving in
Real Name
Vishnu
I think the yellow is female and the blue one is male. They are very cute.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (4).gif
Thanks @FeatheredM . Yes they are cute. Almost lost them two days back to a falcon(Shikra?) that flew in through the window. The budgies are still terrorized and silent, I never knew these falcons would come into the house... luckily I heard the commotion and managed to save the budgies.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 409234
Thanks @FeatheredM . Yes they are cute. Almost lost them two days back to a falcon(Shikra?) that flew in through the window. The budgies are still terrorized and silent, I never knew these falcons would come into the house... luckily I heard the commotion and managed to save the budgies.
Lots of Falcons in my area also, that's why I can't leave my birds unattended.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
View attachment 409234
Woa :( How frightening for you all!! I´m not surprised they are silent, probably very scared that the bird will come back. Maybe put some chicken up so outside birds can´t enter? It´s a nice spot there in the sunshine in the window, it would be a shame to have to keep the window closed.

I´m so glad you birds are ok!

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
That must have been traumatizing for you and your birds! I'm glad all's okay but that is still so scary.

viznu

Moving in
Real Name
Vishnu
Woa :( How frightening for you all!! I´m not surprised they are silent, probably very scared that the bird will come back. Maybe put some chicken up so outside birds can´t enter? It´s a nice spot there in the sunshine in the window, it would be a shame to have to keep the window closed.

I´m so glad you birds are ok!
I have closed the window, next week will get a chicken net covering the window. Happy they are more active today.

viznu

Moving in
Real Name
Vishnu
On the male/female question, the cere are supposed to be blue for males, aren't they? The blue budgie have a rosy cere, may be he is not mature yet?

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some color mutations have pink cere through out the life. My first was a pied one and his cere remained rosy.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Two of mine have royal blue ceres (Pistachio & Winston). Three have very dark blue ceres, but without the pop of royal blue (Frosting, Cloud & Ernest). Two have purple ceres, but their purple is each different (Aurelius & Marigold). One has a bubblegum pink cere (Marzipan).

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
View attachment 409234
Oh wow! That is a scary moment. I am glad you were home and able to save them.