• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

UK Members - Orkney Parrots dried food anyone tried it ?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just wondering if any of our UK members have tried the Orkney parrots dried vegetables and if so how did you find them ?

Have seen them discussed on a few youtube channels however i am not a huge fan of youtube channels ( thats just the cynic in me ) so was hoping i could get some feedback on here.

Thanks Col

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
There's not really that much about them on the Web. I managed to find one single review raving about their products on their Facebook page though.
Looking at the food it seems rather simple with few ingredients, but considering it's only for enrichment then that's fine.
Seems to me if you can afford such enrichment then why not?
On a side note, you can buy a simple dehydrator and make this yourself.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Was just considering it for the times im short of time but cant find any info at all about it.

Ill give it a go see if its worth it

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
@tka may have heard of it.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't tried this particular product, but I have attempted to use a soaking mix from Scarlett's before. Unfortunately everything went mushy when I rehydrated it with hot water and Leia wasn't a fan.

I'd be interested in finding out how this product works. It looks like it has a good range of vegetables and it's always useful to have something convenient on hand. Mine is currently frozen mixed veg and guess what, Leia shuns the soggy carrots.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't tried this particular product, but I have attempted to use a soaking mix from Scarlett's before. Unfortunately everything went mushy when I rehydrated it with hot water and Leia wasn't a fan.

I'd be interested in finding out how this product works. It looks like it has a good range of vegetables and it's always useful to have something convenient on hand. Mine is currently frozen mixed veg and guess what, Leia shuns the soggy carrots.
Im gonna order some next week will report back how i find it and more importantly how Mojo and KiKi find it.
I didnt have any joy with the soaking mix from scarlets was either to mushy or to hard and Mojo wouldnt touch it.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Think this is a total non starter made a order 00.10 Monday got a order confirmation advising will get a e mail confirming dispatch date all good.
Then nothing :banghead:

So e mailed last night after midnight and the response was pretty much.

I work on my own " i know read the info on your website "
I am relying on the availability of veg :nocomment:

I will be producing a batch of what you ordered ( and you took payment for ) over the weekend hopefully and will hopefully dispatch next Monday or Tuesday...

I understand its a fledgling business but quite frankly im not impressed so far not the best business model imo.

Not a massive amount of money so not something im stressing over but quite annoying.
I did restrain myself from responding to the e mail saying ok ill tell my parrots i might be able to feed them next Friday :laughing7:

@Ripshod do you have a link you could send me regarding a dehydrator please ?

I am not going to start my own business however i believe i could do and do better than Orkney Parrots.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well it arrived today 15 days after ordering was well packaged.

20211020_103232.jpg

Ordered 50grams

20211020_142010.jpg
So very generous with the qty they send you the real test will be if Mojo and KiKi enjoy though.
I think i will add a bit to there chop this evening and see how that go's.

@tka

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I forgot all about this thread :banghead:

Well i gave it a go both on its own and with some mixed into the girls normal chop and i would have to say it was a total non starter they maybe ate some when mixed into there own chop but both turned there beaks up at it when served on it's own. It could be down to the size of it as the chop i make is larger as i just chop everything with a knife ( might have made a rod for my own back there ) i have used a food processor and that didnt go down to well either.
It could be that it was dehydrated as the girls are also used to fresh with me preparing a couple of days worth in one go and then refridgerating it, smelt lovely though.