• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ugh.. vet visit and I feel guilty

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Yesterday Tiki had to go to the vet and getting her into the carrying case was so difficult, she must have known she was going to the vet because she wouldn't come out of the cage, not even for a treat, we knew it might be difficult and we were right, normally she loves to come out of her cage, and we waited 30 minutes... nothing. so my sister had to catch her with her hands... and Tiki kept trying to get away.. poor little thing.

anyways the vet visit went well and shes fine, currently pouting and being very quiet. I don't know how to make it up to her, I feel like ive betrayed her trust:crycry::(

anyways im just venting. Does anyone know an easier way to get her Into the carrying cage?

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Originally my tiels freaked out at being in a carrier- but we took them to parks and other places so they just learned that going in doesn't always end in a vet visit.
Perhaps you can take Tiki out somewhere nice just for awhile in her carrier, until she gets used to it?

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
I will try that.. it may not be easy as she already hates the carrier xD

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mine hated theirs too.

Just take her by her carrier cage to some place outside. Sit with her and talk with her there. It makes the cage a fun place to be..... not the bad place.

Worked for us.

Somehow though we have moments when a vet visit is coming that they just seem to know. I try to get them accustomed to coming out at that time of day (mine are stick trained) for a few days.