• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ugghhh...airlines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocabird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
dawn
Eco, my new Senegal, was suppose to land at the Philadelphia airport at about 7:07 tonight, not a bad time since I have to drive about an 2 1/2 hrs to get there. Unfortunately, even with having a 2 hour layover at the Minneapolis-St Paul Airport, they managed to not get him on the plane. Fortunately, they called me just as his status updated on the tracker and are able to get him on a later flight. He'll get in at 10:30. Poor guy, not only does he have to deal with jet lag, but he had to spend a long day at airports.

Can't wait until he is safely in my hands.

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:hug8: I hope he gets to you soon! It is a pain when the flights are late. :(

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Aww :( I'm minutes away from the airport, I hope they gave him fresh water at least.
Praying he arrives safely!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I hope everything goes as planned from here on out. Let us know if something happens. I am not far from the MSP airport either and could help if needed

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
let us know when he arrives safely please

Eliza

Jogging around the block
Your little sennie will be FINE!

Hang in there, Dawn -- this happened to me with Pickle (from FL to Phila. Int'l by way of ATL). He was due in around 3pm and didn't get in until after midnight! I didn't get him until 2am... and he was fine as could be. Pickle's breeder stocked his carrier with plenty of millet sprigs, seed and fresh fruit.

Best of luck and please keep us posted... if I didn't have to work an overnight I'd give you my cell and meet you over at PHL to keep you company :)

rocabird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
dawn
Thanks for the support and the offers of help! He did make it on the second flight and made it to Philly okay. But just to add to the stress of making sure he made the second flight, I got lost! I finally made it there about 11:45 worried that Delta baggage claim would be closed. Fortunately, they were still open and Eco was none the worse for wear. Of course I had to get lost again trying to go back to the turnpike to get home(can you tell I am cell phoneless and GPSless? :). I am glad I had today off of work because by the time I got home and Eco settled and the rest of my crew settled it was 4am.

What happened that Pickle arrived late? Eco's breeder told me she won't ship any birds through Atlanta anymore; she's had too many issues there.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:dance5: I am glad to hear he made it home ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.