• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent U2 Random ongoing dry sneezing

Muna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Muna
After taking her for the yearly check-up she was fine. Today she started to dry sneeze and it bothers her a lot. I contacted the vet telling him about the issue. He suggested I use a wet cotton ball & place it on her nostril. Or let her cough out the feather on her own.

So far no improvement she cannot sleep properly at night.I’m monitoring her with the pet camera.

I’m having 24hr of anxiety since I recently lost my cat. I am unsure what to do with her at night & scared to even wake up the next day.

I’m wondering if the meds were trigger to her dry sneezing im really not sure. She currently taking
Liv protec & baytril

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Sorry, I am unsure of the actual problem- does she have a feather stuck in her nare or throat or is she just dry sneezing?

Muna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Muna
only dry sneezing that lasts for 1-3 min. No feather at all and even the vet Dr confirmed she was perfect. I asked him to do the nasal wash flush he said it wasn’t needed.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Birds sneeze try air purifier and what is humidity like in the area?

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are you using an air conditioner in your home? If so it can dry the air out too much, which could be the cause of the dry sneezing. I shut the AC off on our first floor at night, which is where my birds are. If you aren't using AC, then sorry I have no suggestions.

Muna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Muna
I do have Ac but not in the bird room. The only thing that have working is Hepa filters.