• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

U2 Play Area

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Ohhh I LOVE this! Just the thing to finish off my signature "weird bird lady" look! Do you have a link?
When you click on this link to another scarf, you can click on the sellers name and it will take you to her shop.. She is in the Netherlands but if you do a search on Etsy for knitted bird scarves you might find other people within the US that make something similar.

Cockatoo Stole with colour gradient | Etsy

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Sweden (Goffin) hangs by her beak from one just like that, and drops....and is off running.
Keeps the macaw out of trouble, not the Too.
Yep! It's called a "Geranimo Bird"..... jumps from anything.. Geranimooooooo..... Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When you click on this link to another scarf, you can click on the sellers name and it will take you to her shop.. She is in the Netherlands but if you do a search on Etsy for knitted bird scarves you might find other people within the US that make something similar.

Cockatoo Stole with colour gradient | Etsy
Ooh it is actually better for me as I am in Switzerland, and she actually ships from Germany! Usually Etsy sellers are US based and it costs us poor Europeans an arm and a leg :lol:

Sorry to slightly derail the thread, I can't wait to see some 'too mischief @TikkiTembo :laughing13:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Ooh it is actually better for me as I am in Switzerland, and she actually ships from Germany! Usually Etsy sellers are US based and it costs us poor Europeans an arm and a leg :lol:

Sorry to slightly derail the thread, I can't wait to see some 'too mischief @TikkiTembo :laughing13:
Oooops... I forgot you were in Switzerland! Perfect!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think most of you know this story already but when we first got Elvis, he would sit quietly on top of his cage and not move. Lulling me into a false sense of security, I left him alone for 5 minutes while I went to get something in the kitchen. I came back to 2 feet of my 100 year old pocket door stripped off..........

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I think most of you know this story already but when we first got Elvis, he would sit quietly on top of his cage and not move. Lulling me into a false sense of security, I left him alone for 5 minutes while I went to get something in the kitchen. I came back to 2 feet of my 100 year old pocket door stripped off..........
SURPRISE!!!!!!! Oh dear!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Mockinbirdiva ohhh they do different tiel colours in the hat/scarf combo! Wonder if I can persuade my husband to get a grey one to match Jeff? and I get a Lutino one and be Mabel :rofl: Think the birds would drop off their perches in shock if I came in wearing one of them!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@sunnysmom that will be Chipper! He is so calm and quiet and apparently loves to sit on his playstand...I wonder how long it will take him to come out of his shell and show us his personality!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Sweden (Goffin) hangs by her beak from one just like that, and drops....and is off running.
Keeps the macaw out of trouble, not the Too.

:lol: Well I never said they couldn't get down. They just can't "climb" down. They either have to launch or in your case "drop". That's the first time I've heard that. Smart girl. :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
@sunnysmom that will be Chipper! He is so calm and quiet and apparently loves to sit on his playstand...I wonder how long it will take him to come out of his shell and show us his personality!
It took Elvis probably 8 months? We had a really long honeymoon period. To the point that I thought that it was actually his personality to be super chill. I was SO wrong. LOL. I think in Elvis's case he had so many homes in a 2-3 year period that I think he was just unnerved by it all. (And we have no idea how many homes he had before that. We just know his history from a short time prior to getting him.)