• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

U2 Play Area

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Chipper's play stand area is coming along nicely thanks to @EkkieLu 's generous gifts, and some extra toys I had! Getting SO excited to welcome Chipper home!:heart: IMG_20190917_163652.jpg

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia

Yoshi&Raphi

Real Name
Raphi
That looks awesome, what are those hoop things? They look interesting.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's a good start. Should only take him a few days to figure out he can just climb down to the floor and start exploring. :lol:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Congratulations on your new feathered baby. You're both going to learn as you go along . Challenging and fun ! Keep an eagle eye on you're TOO ! Their notoriously quick and sneaky to take a chunk out of something the moment your back is turned. They have a keen sense knowing when you let your guard down . Have fun an be on guard.
:pinklol2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
@JLcribber He apparently likes baseboards, so I've got my work cut out for me :rolleyes::rofl:
And I was just going to say- climb down and eat your baseboards. LOL. I can't have Elvis's things near any walls. Not sure if yours would try to chew the corners of the walls but just something to look out for.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
@sunnysmom I may have to add a few pieces of wood to the corner there, just in case! Lol He can eat the wood then, not the wall!

The stand was a valiant effort but you will find out soon enough that it has to be something attached to the ceiling with no connection to the floor or a stand with large smooth flat sides on it so they can't climb down to the floor because the second you turn your back, guess where he's going?

They also can't climb down a stand with a large flat base on top on a pedestal leg in the middle.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It's a good start. Should only take him a few days to figure out he can just climb down to the floor and start exploring. :lol:
I'd give it a day... if that. I agree with others.... your walls will never look the same if the stand isn't moved further out. You'll probably need a ceiling protector too.... :D

Make sure he can't get anywhere near the baby or your little girl.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is soooo cute!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
They also can't climb down a stand with a large flat base on top on a pedestal leg in the middle.

Sweden (Goffin) hangs by her beak from one just like that, and drops....and is off running.
Keeps the macaw out of trouble, not the Too.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Ooo thanks for the tips, guys! I guess I'll figure out very soon what adjustments need to be made! I'm super flexible, so we'll change whatever needs to be changed to keep him out of trouble...well...lessen the amount of trouble he gets in :hehe: