• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Typing posts, overwrite issue

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Go into your phones settings - Apps & notifications - SwiftKey Keyboard - Storage, and hit the 'Clear Cache' button SwiftKey will return to the default settings from when it was first installed. Just reinstalling doesn't clear that cache.
Your android may be slightly different, I'm on PIE. I'm sure you'll find it.
Hah! Like magic! I wish I could remember these kinds of things. Especially when my parents asked me for help.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I put 'Clear Cache' which should be 'Clear Data'. Doh!
Yes that's one of the biggest issues I hear from people with their phones and note pads, running slow, or acting weird. The cache is usually the issue. I clear mine every other day. You'd be surprised at how much stuff accumulates and slows things down.
App up dates is usually the second biggest issue. You have to up date to new versions when they come out or your current app will slowly mess things up and not work as intended.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Yes that's one of the biggest issues I hear from people with their phones and note pads, running slow, or acting weird. The cache is usually the issue. I clear mine every other day. You'd be surprised at how much stuff accumulates and slows things down.
App up dates is usually the second biggest issue. You have to up date to new versions when they come out or your current app will slowly mess things up and not work as intended.
Are you saying I need to do that for every app, or is there a way to do that for the whole phone?

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Are you saying I need to do that for every app, or is there a way to do that for the whole phone?
Either or, it depends upon your device or phone. In some cases you can delete the whole cache. Or you have to go into settings, then storage, then manage apps, and open each one independently, then delete cache. In a days time you can easily rack up a few gigabytes in your cache. Which will add to your overall storage capacity. Once full, it will slow right down.
There are apps out there that do this for you. McAfee does this for you automatically. That's just one of many, and One I trust to keep things running smoothly.
I'm constantly fixing my wife's as she's on Pinterest a lot, that site really dumps storage capacity into your cache real fast! Some devices will dump caches automatically if you have it set properly to dump once your done.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
For older devices there's a way to boot into the bootloader and format the cache partition, dealing with all the apps and the OS in one shot. But this method is for the tech savvy, varies across all the devices and is not for the faint-hearted.
Unfortunately newer devices have locked bootloaders that can't be unlocked without some degree of hacking.