• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Words (Jolly Balls)

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You know, I am going to add this ... the 6", 8" & 10" jolly balls, you can order the ball itself on other sites for anywhere from $16. to $25 or so like on Amazon and other website. That's not where I order mine from at all. It is called the Teaser Ball, it has the green ball inside the outer ball and is meant for a dog toy. All you have to do is take out the green ball inside the jolly ball.

So you think the balls I sell with toys/hardware are expensive ... perhaps but you have to realize I have to make the toys which have a lot of toy parts on them and the tri-chain hardware is stainless steel. It is time consuming to make up the toys and I do have to make a little for my time & toy parts. So you are paying more so for the toys & hardware than the ball.

For the 14" ball ... you will NOT find ANY out on another website with the hole openings in the ball, none, zilch, nada only on my site will you find the 14" with holes. Now, doing the holes is time consuming and kills my back doing it. So I have to do extra work for the 14" ball size that I do not have to do for any of the other ball sizes.

I am sure as all get out that the Jolly Balls on my site will not sell as quickly as if it was the ball only but I am not what you call solely a buyer/seller of items. All my toys on my site have to be made and that requires labor to do so. I get the same thing where my stainless toys are concerned, I get some people out there stating how expensive the toys are and always want a discount ... ok, well then go make your own!
Jan:
I purchased a few of your SS toys. Yep they are pricey, BUT they are the only toys JaKhu (B&G Macaw aka JaKhu the cyclone/destroyer) has yet to destroy & to me the cost is well worth it. SS parts, welded chain links, welded rings...yep worth price. Many do not understand the time & cost involved in making toys or any other item a vendor sells (think quilts). Material costs have shot up big time. Add in the strain to your hands & back. Been there done that myself. keep on making your wonderful toys :).

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have a Jolly Ball from you that is probably 8 years old. All of the hardware is still perfect. :heart:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thank you gals! :) Toy, no lidding that prices have gone up (a lot) that is certainly in everything we buy, no matter what it is.

Karen, I don't want to see you trying to climb in the jolly ball when you get it. Share it with your birds! :lol:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thank you gals! :) Toy, no lidding that prices have gone up (a lot) that is certainly in everything we buy, no matter what it is.

Karen, I don't want to see you trying to climb in the jolly ball when you get it. Share it with your birds! :lol:
Don't encourage her - next we will see a post on how to get a jolly ball off her head!! :rofl:

ems08

Walking the driveway
I'm definitely considering a Jolly Ball for Riley-- he would love it I'm confident, just might be too nesty for him. But he would absolutely love filling it with paper straws and sticks. Would you recommend the 8 or 10" size for a quaker?

I did buy one of your medium foot toys for him but he was scared of it for a while, I think because of the size and weight. Eventually I just hung it from the side of the cage and he's slowly gotten used to it and will now beak it occasionally, although gently! It didn't occur to me how heavy it would be since it's all stainless so he can't really throw it how he normally likes to lol.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran