• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Words (Jolly Balls)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Woohoo!

Will you be doing refills again?

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Neat Jan, but JaKhu would have it destroyed in a day.

@Jan....JaKhu loves her metal toys. We have them in the aviary. So far no destruction to those, but she's working her way thru a boing, an orb & a Tiki rope. She also destroyed two 3 inch heavy duty dog rubber balls, a heavy rubber pacifier for dogs, a heavy bamboo toy & coconut toys. A few days ago she snapped a heavy Marbella bead in half. UGHHHH this bird!! So far your metal toys are the only ones she hasn't been able to destroy.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Yes, I agree ... Macaws would destroy the ball. I do not recommend them for large bird chewers unless you don't mind that the ball get chewed.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What size do you recommend for a goffins? (220-250g?)

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
A 10" he'd be able to go in, but would not be as roomy as the 14".

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Thanks! I'm off to order 14" then. :shopspree:

(The emoji even has a "Karen" haircut! lol)

... I mean I'm off to join the waiting list!

Last edited:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
(Not intended for large Macaws or large Cockatoos.) o_O

Now I want to see one that is. "Hay," don't they make Jolly Balls for horses? Those'd be the right size! :rofl:

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Yes, they do make them for horses but they are more bouncy so it a different type of plastic stuff. I have to cut out the 5 holes in the 14" size balls, it's an extra task I have to do that back years ago, they cut the holes,,, no longer. Even when I was last selling the 14", I had to cut out the 5 holes.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I am going to update on the Jolly Ball scene. They have been on the site for a while, I have the 14" balls with the holes in them now. All 12 of the 14" balls each one having 5 holes each that was a total of 40 holes I had to cut out. This process is quite consuming but it is all done and ready for toys and hardware.

I also just a few days ago order the 8" jolly ball, in blue only that will be for the bird sizes of Parakeets, Love Birds, Parrotlets and a like size birds. The 8" will come in near the tail end of this coming week. So I will have 3 ball sizes to choose from which is the 8", 10" & 14". I also have replacement toys for the Jolly Balls. I am not selling the ball alone, it will come with toys and the stainless tri-chain hardware. I am selling the tri-chain separately should anyone want that for an existing jolly ball or other application use.

This is the 3 ball sizes to show a size difference between the 3 sizes I have.

JBFB-8in-10in-14in-Sizes-1a-82k.jpg

JBFB-8in-12inToys-1a-160k.jpg

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
ooo I want an 8 inch one for Mojo! Hopefully you still have some left!

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
oh no you don't have any left! wahh! Do you know when you'll get them back in? I want one that's naked and then I'll order some toy parts that I know Mojo loves to add onto it.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
No naked Jolly Ball for sale on the site. The 8" size is due in Friday and like the others, sold only with toys and hardware.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
No naked Jolly Ball for sale on the site. The 8" size is due in Friday and like the others, sold only with toys and hardware.
okay thanks

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
You know, I am going to add this ... the 6", 8" & 10" jolly balls, you can order the ball itself on other sites for anywhere from $16. to $25 or so like on Amazon and other website. That's not where I order mine from at all. It is called the Teaser Ball, it has the green ball inside the outer ball and is meant for a dog toy. All you have to do is take out the green ball inside the jolly ball.

So you think the balls I sell with toys/hardware are expensive ... perhaps but you have to realize I have to make the toys which have a lot of toy parts on them and the tri-chain hardware is stainless steel. It is time consuming to make up the toys and I do have to make a little for my time & toy parts. So you are paying more so for the toys & hardware than the ball.

For the 14" ball ... you will NOT find ANY out on another website with the hole openings in the ball, none, zilch, nada only on my site will you find the 14" with holes. Now, doing the holes is time consuming and kills my back doing it. So I have to do extra work for the 14" ball size that I do not have to do for any of the other ball sizes.

I am sure as all get out that the Jolly Balls on my site will not sell as quickly as if it was the ball only but I am not what you call solely a buyer/seller of items. All my toys on my site have to be made and that requires labor to do so. I get the same thing where my stainless toys are concerned, I get some people out there stating how expensive the toys are and always want a discount ... ok, well then go make your own!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I can't wait til I get a paycheck or two into my new position. Then a 14" Jolly Ball with all the fixin's will be mine! All mine! :rubhands: Uh, I mean Bug's. Luv Bug's & Puffin's. didisaythat.gif