• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Special Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I think he said Angel is older (maybe in the other post?) and she doesn’t have the head bars as low as Holly’s so I’d say she’s definitely a little older.
They're so beautiful, I can’t wait to watch them grow up on here :swoon:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Angel is estimated at 4 weeks older. I think Holly is small even for an American budgie, but that could just be a product of the way she perches. She was certainly a healthy length in my hand. Holly's a very slim bird too, understandable with what she's been through, but she's a very strong flier so I'm not overly concerned about that right now. Besides, once they start eating other foods we'll soon pile some onto her. :hellskitchen:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I have to enquire into Angel's history. Your questions have made me realise I know nothing about her other than she was with the vet for some reason and she's Holly's adoptive sister.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have to enquire into Angel's history. Your questions have made me realise I know nothing about her other than she was with the vet for some reason and she's Holly's adoptive sister.
Good luck finding out more information :)

Also, I´m not sure what an American budgie is?

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Also, I´m not sure what an American budgie is?
American budgies are the small 'pet' ones you see everywhere. English budgies are huge by comparison.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Confusing isn't it. Other than the mutations I don't know what differentiates American from Australian. I've never met a wild caught budgie.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The story on Angel is she hatched with a portion of her intestines on the outside. Problems during surgery and making space means she has lost much of her reproductive system including ovary. So she won't mature sexualy, and she may keep her pale blue cere, or it'll go dark blue like a male. There is a chance we could use estrogen implants to make her mature as a non-sexual female. I don't know yet which way I want to go. Maybe let nature decide for me, that's easier.
I wish the vet had told me. Not that it'd make any difference, just would have been nice to know I have a pair of misfits :lol:

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The story on Angel is she hatched with a portion of her intestines on the outside. Problems during surgery and making space means she has lost much of her reproductive system including ovary. So she won't mature sexualy, and she may keep her pale blue cere, or it'll go dark blue like a male. There is a chance we could use estrogen implants to make her mature as a non-sexual female. I don't know yet which way I want to go. Maybe let nature decide for me, that's easier.
I wish the vet had told me. Not that it'd make any difference, just would have been nice to know I have a pair of misfits :lol:
Wow! That's crazy! Yup, you certainly have a pair of misfits there, but very cute misfits :D

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Wow! I´m amazed she made it and is still here with us! Such a strong bird!!

A happy home for the misfits at Christmas time. What a wonderful story!
Agreed, so nice that these two wonderful birds have found such a loving home in time for Christmas. They are the best gift you could ever wish for Linden, I´m sure :)

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Wow! That's crazy! Yup, you certainly have a pair of misfits there, but very cute misfits
Wow! I´m amazed she made it and is still here with us! Such a strong bird!!
There was just a couple of inches protruding from her belly. The vet said the hardest part was separating the egg membrane from the intestines. Then to leave enough space for any twist in the intestines to untwist itself something non essential had to go.
At least I know one of my budgies ain't gonna go 'hormonal' on me :cool:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm not going to get overly religious here, but there is something that is making it possible for these special souls come into your care, Linden. That is very plain to see...they are where they need to be here on Earth...with you...:heart:

Dorcas George

Confusing isn't it. Other than the mutations I don't know what differentiates American from Australian. I've never met a wild caught budgie.
I think that the Australian budgie and the American budgie are the type same small bird. Except the wild Australian ones are always green and yellow. I have an Australian friend who talked to me a bit about my two birds. And GOODNESS, Linden, these little girls are SO pretty!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.