• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Special Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Sooooo much mess. Holly is still in moult so feather snow everywhere. The boys know how to get rid of the hulls in their dishes so hulls everywhere. It gives me something useful to do though.
Goldie and Silva are competing for Holly's attention. Angel isn't bothered, she's just happily chomping wood on her own.
It's been a really chilled out Sunday in the Misfits abode. Both girls are exhausted and napping where they are.
Angel
DSC_0322~2.JPG
And in one of her best pics ever.......
DSC_0321~3.JPG

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It seems Holly has changed her mind and is spending as much time as she can with Silva. Not that Angel minds having Goldie to herself.
Holly is such a little sweetheart. I"ve never had a budgie I've wanted to photograph as much as her.
DSC_0335~2.JPG
DSC_0329~2.JPG

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
She IS a beauty, I can see why you need to take pics of her :loveshower:
I have that problem too. Actually my phone keeps telling me I’m low on storage and it’s 100% because of birb pics and vids. I just can’t bring myself to delete any of them, I think I’d rather get a new phone:lol:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I've been doing my best to get a family photo but it's hard when they're always doing their own things or in pairs. The best I have:
DSC_0355~2.JPG
DSC_0360~2.JPG
Note the common theme!! :roflmao:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They are beautiful.

I noticed that you have Ombrè budgies. Blue to light blue to blue and yellow to yellow.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Their coloring is so beautiful and they compliment each other. Reminds me of 4 perfectly dyed Easter eggs :joyful:

... and yes one may or may not be headless in the 2nd photo:laugh: It still amazes me how they are little contortionists when it comes to preening time!

Last edited:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
DOH! I've been saying that she was walking on her 'heels' when Holly actually walks on her ankles. Anatomy is not a strong point, that's why I went into engineering.
Some of you already know I work from home now, the nature of my work affords me that luxury. However, if something goes wrong on a job I've successfully bid for it's me that has to go to the site and sort things out.
Soooo I' ve been out the past couple of days leaving after sorting food for the flock and I've been home just in time to spend an hour with them before bed. My neighbour has spent more time with them just swapping dishes and water. The job is finished now so we're back to near normal. However we've taken a little step back in our bonding. I knew this would happen so I was ready, and I'm ready to put in some time but it'll be worth it.
Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
Normal service will be resumed shortly.
Lol...I had to go away for a few days so my daughter took Sam to her house. My granddaughter looks after her. Upon our return Sam will not let me out of her sight. Stuck to me like glue. Insists on sitting on my shoulder while she chirps (LOUDLY) in my ear. It is my penance for being away. I MUST pay....lol. Trying to go to the bathroom alone lady? Not gonna happen!!!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
A little breakthrough today.
While the rest of the flock is still digging through the chop for the millet seeds without eating any, Angel has discovered the joy of apple. Just like any youngster she's gone a little overboard on the first day (she really has ate loads) the others have been watching. Never know, they may find the brocolli before the end of March. :roflmao:

*EDIT*
Now she's sharing the apple with Holly while Silver looks on. Typical budgies. They ignore something for months then they all want it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.