• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Special Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Holly is a diva. It's she who makes all the complaining and disturbs everyone's sleep. I don't know if this will make any sense but it's like she wants to perch next to another bird but doesn't want any other birds on her perch. I'm not getting dragged into her nonsense, I'm removing the divider, let the others deal with it.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Fine looking flock! :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Looks good to me.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Two bits of good news this week.
Firstly they are starting to accept other foods. They've been happily accepting apple for a few weeks now but since 3 days ago they started eating the cooked brown rice and quinoa - initially just Silva, followed shortly after by Holly, then Goldie and Angel jumped in together. They're going mad on it right now, not a bad thing as both ladies are moulting right now (Holly rather heavily). Over the next few months it's down to me to start adding veggies.
The second good news is I've signed and returned the paperwork on Goldie and Silva. When the vet gets the forms back the boys will be officially under my care.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Congratulations!!! Wonderful updates! :starshower1:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Firstly they are starting to accept other foods. They've been happily accepting apple for a few weeks now but since 3 days ago they started eating the cooked brown rice and quinoa - initially just Silva, followed shortly after by Holly, then Goldie and Angel jumped in together. They're going mad on it right now, not a bad thing as both ladies are moulting right now (Holly rather heavily). Over the next few months it's down to me to start adding veggies.
The second good news is I've signed and returned the paperwork on Goldie and Silva. When the vet gets the forms back the boys will be officially under my care.
They're developing into a wonderful flock...each with their own unique personalities, but together when it comes to important things...like eating. ;)

Kudos to you Linden, on getting the paperwork done...sometimes that stuff is a real pain...:)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Such great news Linden! I've been trying to get my crew to accept other vegetables than the norm. Happy to report I had success with 3 of the crimson clan last night but all conures received the same vegetables. I wanted to try the red beets again. I washed the beets up and took one and cut 1/4 thick slices ( or thinner) and cut 4 servings off each slice leaving the skin attached to the slice and placed in a bowl of water and started with 3 minutes in the microwave. Needed to be a bit softer...let them sit and then micro'd for another 50 seconds. In a separate cup I cooked the same portions of butternut squash as slices with the skin attached. Ruby, Scarlette, and Casey devoured theirs. I didn't expect them to eat the beet so I was pleasantly surprised, they've refused the butternut up until now ( or have at least tasted it). Makes for a lovely color of magenta poo!!!!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Really great update! Congratulations!:starshower1:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator