• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two ringneck parakeets in need of home in SoCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovecote

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello!
I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place, but I have two ringnecks parakeets, a white and a yellow one, in need of a good home. I adopted then from an animal shelter that was going to euthanize them if no one took them, and really only took them to keep them from being euthanized.

They're both estimated to be around 7-10 years old, and are bonded to each other. Neither is hand tame, and both have old scars and missing toes from wherever they were before the animal shelter. They're chatty and make funny noises, but don't like being handled.

They'd probably do best with someone who has either an outdoor environment controlled parrot aviary, or with someone who has a lot of time and patience to work with them. I have other birds to care for and work/school, so I'd feel guilty if I kept them but didn't give them the individual time they need.

Am asking a rehoming fee to prevent any flipping, and they have a big cage and toys along with them.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Hopefully these two can find their soft place to land soon...

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Hope they find a soft place to land...photos would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.