• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two new Budgies.

MrEggJnr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lee
Hello everyone!

I have two budgies Kumo and Yuki both are under 5 or 6 months old from what I was told, Kumo had his flight feather clipped by the breeder so he can't fly at the moment. I have had them for a week now and kinda want to get to know how to tame them, I know it's still a bit early, just for when the time is right.

I have been feeding them millet with my hand in the cage once a day now and they both seem to like it enough to walk close to my hand and eat from it (Kumo will even get on my hand). I wrote on another post about putting my hand in the cage for a few minutes at a time to let them get used to my hand and have heard its kinda a bad thing to do, so I will stop doing this as of today.

I just want to know how long till I should properly try and tame them? What should I do to gain their trust, this question is more for yuki seeing as how Kumo will allow me to ''pet'' him through the cage bars.

In general I just asking if you are willing to share some tips and tricks on how to care for my new babies.

<-----Kumo _ Yuki-----> IMG_20200702_174206.jpg IMG_20200702_143420.jpg

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
I'm sure someone will be here soon to help. In the meantime, they're both adorable! I especially love Yuki's colours :loveshower:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Dont be in a hurry. Flight feathers grow back in several months. Spend that time gaining their trust by just being with them concentrate on talking to them and not scaring them with your hand movements.