• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two new Aviator harnesses, size mini

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
In an epic show of anticipation, I bought two budgie-sized Aviator harnesses before I knew anything about my birds. Suffice it to say that my not-quite-hand-tame budgies are never going to wear these.

They are brand new, never been opened. One is red, one is black. The mini size (or XXXS) is for birds under 75 grams. The package suggests budgies, lovebirds, parrotlets. Package comes with harness and 10 foot leash.

Asking $30 CAD, plus shipping (equal to $24 USD today) 20220316_145626.jpg

sootling

Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
DISCLAIMER FOR ALL BUDGIE PARENTS!!!
This harness is too large for a budgie. People have proven that. The straps are also too thick.
They fit GCC, tiels, lovies, those size birds. NOT a budgie/parrotlet!

Momof3litt

Pretty sure this is up to the individual and their bird to decide. English budgies are a substantially different size than the Australian ones. My two budgies (neither of which are English) have a 20g+ weight difference between them. Many birds have a large "normal" weight range, which makes a big difference. I might try this on a 60g budgie, but would not on a 30g bird.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have seen budgies in these harnesses before. :) birds under 75 grams is a very large range.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have also seen footage of many different budgies wearing and enjoying these exact harnesses outdoors!

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I would buy but I am in the states

Momof3litt

I can ship to the US, if you PM me your zip code I can get a quote. They are such small/light items that it might be quite inexpensive.