• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two large Kings European style cages for sale in Madison, WI (SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I have two Kings European style cages for sale, a 406 white powder coated cage and a 506 stainless steel cage. Both are in really good condition. The powder coated cage does have one place on the bars where one of my greys chewed off about two inches of the powder coating and there is a bit of powder coating missing from some of the feeder bowl holders but otherwise, the powder coating has held up unbelievably well for owning the cage for more than a decade. Neither one has any rust on them. They are for pick up only in Madison, WI. Make me an offer!

Kings 406 powder coated:

Used white powder coated 406 Kings European style cage for sale in Madison, WI. For pickup only. In great condition, no rust and powder coating in great condition with one single 2” scratch on one of the bars. European Style Napoleon Top model 406 1″ Bar Spacing This super large cage is great for active birds to play. Without seed catchers – 45.28″ wide, 29″ deep, 72.25″ High (no seed catchers) Inside height 58.15″ Bird cage weight 216 lbs 6mm Bar Thickness Avian Veterinarian recommended. Features: Fold down platform with bird proof lock Slide out metal grill and tray for easy cleaning Removable seed catcher (adds 4″ all around) Horizontal bars on sides, Vertical bars on front and back 4 bird proof swing out side feeder doors 4 20oz ELT stainless steel spill poof cups Large cage door for easy access Patented bird proof safety lock Breeder box door Bird cage knocks down for compact storage 4 metal casters All of our cages are Non-Toxic and safe for your feathered friends. Bird Proof Lock

1663592976276.png
1663593023061.png

Kings 506 Stainless Steel:

Stainless steel Kings 506 cage for sale in Madison, WI for pick up only. Perfect condition, no rust. Width: 48″ Depth: 36″ Total Height: 78″ Inside Height: 66″ Bar Spacing: 1″ Bar Thickness: 6mm Weight: 280lbs Features: Bird Proof Front Door Lock Breeder Side Door Slide-out metal grills & trays 4 Swing Out Side Door Feeders Smooth rolling casters Completely Knockdown Bird Proof Lock Casters

1663593063595.png

1663593117509.png

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh those are so gorgeous! Whomever gets them will be very lucky indeed.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The 506 is an amazing cage and perfect for a macaw.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
And, the SS cage is still available because the person who was going to buy it was a scammer. Please be careful when selling stuff online. I was contacted by someone who was willing to send me a cashier's check for the amount but then told me that the secretary that made the arrangements messed up the amount and sent too much...double the amount that we agreed on. She wanted me to pay the moving company that was going to come and pick up the cage the amount that they paid over the amount. It felt very uncomfortable and we did some leg work on the web to see if this was a scam and sure enough, it happens a lot. They send you a cashier's check that is not real even though it looks real but says she sent it for more than the amount for some reason and wants you to give "someone" the remaining amount. In the meantime, most banks are more than willing to take the check even though you tell them that you think it's a scam and they come back in two weeks and tell you that the check was forged and you are on the line for the full amount of the check, essentially giving away the money that they wanted for whatever excuse they give you. We are currently checking with the bank that the cashier's check was drawn on but everything about this tells me it's a scam. Please be very, very careful!

Both cages are still available and seriously, make me a decent offer and I will probably sell both of them!:banghead:

AGS

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ava
I draw pet portraits and I get that scam a lot, it’s now pretty easy to spot but the first time I went along with it for a while before I realized. It’s definitely a scam, they use the same wording and story every time. Also, at least for art commissions this has become more common, it went from happening once in two years to suddenly I’m getting messages every week.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think this is a scam. This is an Avenue vendor from whom many of us have received what we bought. If you're interested in the remaining cage, you can proceed with confidence. :)

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
On a random note - I live in Madison too!

Do you ever sell your toys at the bird fair, held on the first Sunday of every month?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
And, the SS cage is still available because the person who was going to buy it was a scammer. Please be careful when selling stuff online. I was contacted by someone who was willing to send me a cashier's check for the amount but then told me that the secretary that made the arrangements messed up the amount and sent too much...double the amount that we agreed on. She wanted me to pay the moving company that was going to come and pick up the cage the amount that they paid over the amount. It felt very uncomfortable and we did some leg work on the web to see if this was a scam and sure enough, it happens a lot. They send you a cashier's check that is not real even though it looks real but says she sent it for more than the amount for some reason and wants you to give "someone" the remaining amount. In the meantime, most banks are more than willing to take the check even though you tell them that you think it's a scam and they come back in two weeks and tell you that the check was forged and you are on the line for the full amount of the check, essentially giving away the money that they wanted for whatever excuse they give you. We are currently checking with the bank that the cashier's check was drawn on but everything about this tells me it's a scam. Please be very, very careful!

Both cages are still available and seriously, make me a decent offer and I will probably sell both of them!:banghead:
Same kind of scam was tried on my mum numerous times when she tried to sell her last car but they were most likely using stolen credit cards. :(
They even offered to pay an extra few hundred dollars for doing the deal on a Saturday morning… if mum had of got sucked in she would have lost her car and paid for the car to be delivered to the scammers.
Scammers are the lowest of the low- there’s only a few very special kinds of people I dislike more than scammers!

AGS

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ava
I don't think this is a scam. This is an Avenue vendor from whom many of us have received what we bought. If you're interested in the remaining cage, you can proceed with confidence. :)
If you’re replying to me, I was replying to the post about a scammer who contacted OP, not saying jmfleish is a scammer.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, I'm totally confused as to how scamming entered this thread, but, yes, I agree that actual scammers suck.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I draw pet portraits and I get that scam a lot, it’s now pretty easy to spot but the first time I went along with it for a while before I realized. It’s definitely a scam, they use the same wording and story every time. Also, at least for art commissions this has become more common, it went from happening once in two years to suddenly I’m getting messages every week.
It's amazing what these people will do. We were going to string them on for a while too but every time I thought about it, it made me more angry! They had sent us the cashier's check and she had texted me telling me that our bank had let them know it had cleared when I hadn't even deposited it yet and I gave her a piece of my mind. I had called the bank the cashier's check came from and they did say the check was a fake...I'm so over people who seem to think it's ok to take advantage of others...

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Oh, I'm totally confused as to how scamming entered this thread, but, yes, I agree that actual scammers suck.
It's ok! The cages are not a scam, someone tried to buy the SS one and she was trying to scam me...it really seemed legitimate but there were weird flags that kept me thinking, this can't be right and my Scooby senses were dead on. I wanted to warn people who are selling stuff online because I've never run into this kind of thing before. I've seen lots and lots of scams when trying to buy things online, but this was a first when trying to sell something online.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Same kind of scam was tried on my mum numerous times when she tried to sell her last car but they were most likely using stolen credit cards. :(
They even offered to pay an extra few hundred dollars for doing the deal on a Saturday morning… if mum had of got sucked in she would have lost her car and paid for the car to be delivered to the scammers.
Scammers are the lowest of the low- there’s only a few very special kinds of people I dislike more than scammers!
Yeah, they offered me extra cash to hold the item for them until the fake cashier's check got to me...there were lots of signs that made me think it wasn't right. Always look into things if something seems off.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
On a random note - I live in Madison too!

Do you ever sell your toys at the bird fair, held on the first Sunday of every month?
I used to go to that fair a long, long time ago but it ends up being too much work to drag stock to it and set up and then drag it back home and we were keeping the stuff we brought to the fair separate from the stuff we sold online. I do deliver for free if you are local!:)

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I used to go to that fair a long, long time ago but it ends up being too much work to drag stock to it and set up and then drag it back home and we were keeping the stuff we brought to the fair separate from the stuff we sold online. I do deliver for free if you are local!:)
Good to know, thanks!

506king

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rodney Taylor
I have two Kings European style cages for sale, a 406 white powder coated cage and a 506 stainless steel cage. Both are in really good condition. The powder coated cage does have one place on the bars where one of my greys chewed off about two inches of the powder coating and there is a bit of powder coating missing from some of the feeder bowl holders but otherwise, the powder coating has held up unbelievably well for owning the cage for more than a decade. Neither one has any rust on them. They are for pick up only in Madison, WI. Make me an offer!

Kings 406 powder coated:

Used white powder coated 406 Kings European style cage for sale in Madison, WI. For pickup only. In great condition, no rust and powder coating in great condition with one single 2” scratch on one of the bars. European Style Napoleon Top model 406 1″ Bar Spacing This super large cage is great for active birds to play. Without seed catchers – 45.28″ wide, 29″ deep, 72.25″ High (no seed catchers) Inside height 58.15″ Bird cage weight 216 lbs 6mm Bar Thickness Avian Veterinarian recommended. Features: Fold down platform with bird proof lock Slide out metal grill and tray for easy cleaning Removable seed catcher (adds 4″ all around) Horizontal bars on sides, Vertical bars on front and back 4 bird proof swing out side feeder doors 4 20oz ELT stainless steel spill poof cups Large cage door for easy access Patented bird proof safety lock Breeder box door Bird cage knocks down for compact storage 4 metal casters All of our cages are Non-Toxic and safe for your feathered friends. Bird Proof Lock

View attachment 413555
View attachment 413556

Kings 506 Stainless Steel:

Stainless steel Kings 506 cage for sale in Madison, WI for pick up only. Perfect condition, no rust. Width: 48″ Depth: 36″ Total Height: 78″ Inside Height: 66″ Bar Spacing: 1″ Bar Thickness: 6mm Weight: 280lbs Features: Bird Proof Front Door Lock Breeder Side Door Slide-out metal grills & trays 4 Swing Out Side Door Feeders Smooth rolling casters Completely Knockdown Bird Proof Lock Casters

View attachment 413557

View attachment 413558

506king

Real Name
Rodney Taylor
hi Do you still have the cage ?

506king

Real Name
Rodney Taylor
I am real I'm a seller on eBay for almost 30 years and sell on craigslist so i know about scammers. I know king cages have stopped selling the stainless because the come from Ukraine . now the company makes guns and ammo. I am interested my cell is 774406 0183 Rod Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.