• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Twitching

Emyu

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emilee
Can anyone tell me why echo is twitching?Google is telling me it could be a partial seizure and he has random loud outbursts. He’s flying around now and has stoped twitching. I’ve noticed that he is significantly skinnier than opal even though they are around the same age. Does anyone know what this could be? I have a video but I’m not sure how to post it on here

Attachments

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
You can link a YouTube or google video here. When does he do it, is it when he is playing, or randomly, etc?

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Mine are extra hormonal this time of year, so they will occasionally "twitch" when they want something.

Their body and head will hunker down, and their wings will be held slightly out from their body and excitedly twitch, but their body isn't really involved except for the motion that's kinetically transfered from their wings.

The key tell that it's not a seizure, is that they stop if they're presented with a stimulus that distracts them from their want.

Emyu

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emilee
Mine are extra hormonal this time of year, so they will occasionally "twitch" when they want something.

Their body and head will hunker down, and their wings will be held slightly out from their body and excitedly twitch, but their body isn't really involved except for the motion that's kinetically transfered from their wings.

The key tell that it's not a seizure, is that they stop if they're presented with a stimulus that distracts them from their want.
Yes!! This is what I’m taking about. Thank you!

Emyu

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emilee
You can link a YouTube or google video here. When does he do it, is it when he is playing, or randomly, etc?
He does it randomly when he’s sitting still

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
He does it randomly when he’s sitting still
Luke had a twitch for the longest time and I realized he just doesn’t like the sounds that come from my laptop. Also when he is super happy and playful he does a little head twitch. If it were a seizure I would honestly think it would be on the floor of the cage because that’s what happened before my last bird passed away.