• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tweety the Mousebird is a Girl...

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
The last week my Tweety bird has been trying to build a nest on top of the curtain rail. Tweety has always been a very jumping bird from the start but yesterday she was being much more jumping & nervous than she normally is. About 6pm in the evening Tweety was sitting in her food bowl looking really stressed & panting with her bum sticking right up in the air. I saw that her vent was looking really wet when out pop an egg. After the egg was laid she just wanted to be with me and sit on my shoulder. I moved the egg to a nest Tweety always uses but she hasn’t tried to sit on the egg yet. She started to look for the egg about an hour after it was laid so I moved it back to where Tweety laid it. She went up to inspect the egg after I put it back, nudged it with her beak and then she went to sleep hanging from the towel I have hanging inside her cage.

I have read that you have to leave the egg for about a month to discourage egg laying. Is there anything else I should be doing or not doing? Should I be feeding Tweety more of something or less than something? I am going to give Tweety her normal food today with some boiled egg. Is there anything else I should add with her food?

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I would contact Susanne. @srtiels Hope she is doing ok. :hug8:

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Tweety is doing fine. I checked with the vet and everything is fine. There hasnt been any change in Tweety just that she likes it at the top of the aircon alot now. She dosnt know what to do with the egg, she just looks at it then looks at me :hehe: :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she is very cute....glad she is doing ok.