• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tweety is making progress ^^!!!

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Hi there!
So it's been almost 4 months with my parrot( IRN)
As you can see in my profile picture he was molting and his body wasn't in good condition
But after all that hard time i can tell he's more than fine now!
His fluff chest almost covered! And he's got new yellow feathers in his nape instead of green... seem to be mutation... don't know if it's normal though yet but that's very good. Besides his head top got new feathers!

He's eating his pellet and his food( sometimes throws his bowl if he doesn't like the food i offer lol)
Also he sheds some of his clipped wings feathers and couple of his old tail
Hopefully he will be able to fly high again soon!
Look how he changed!
I wanto to thank all of you for advising me and answering all my questions
I'm very grateful to all of you * hugs*

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He´s looking fantastic!! :loveshower:

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
He is looking fantastic!!!

Are you sure he is a he? He doesn't seem to have the red-black ring. Do you know how old he is?
he does that male display to his bells and to my earrings
I'm saying so because also his head is square in shape and he dances to his reflection sometimes
Also I've posted a video of his display and some assumed from his body language he's a male

I just guess his gender and i'll be wait for a year to see if he's going to have a ring or not

until then i'll treat him as a little boy^^

Last edited:

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
If some parts of his legs are yellow too then it must be CT Cinngreygrn as it’s the only one with yellow on the legs.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Means he is Cinnamon which could mean he is a she cause Cinnamon is a sex linked mutation. And there are more females than males. Just like Lutino and Cremino. In IRN it works as this males only carry 1 copy ( means it doesn’t show physically) while females carries 2 copies ( it does shows) so if father have one copy all female chicks will be cinnamon. 90% of cinnamon chicks are females!

Last edited:

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Yay!

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Means he is Cinnamon which could mean he is a she cause Cinnamon is a sex linked mutation. And there are more females than males. Just like Lutino and Cremino. In IRN it works as this males only carry 1 copy ( means it doesn’t show physically) while females carries 2 copies ( it does shows) so if father have one copy all female chicks will be cinnamon. 90% of cinnamon chicks are females!
Wow i didn't know all of that!
I just took a careful look at his legs they're mostly yellowish green also when he separates his wings his back also has yellow spots...
I still have to post about his behaviours lately... he worries me a lot
This evening when we saw pictures of his kind he started displaying and he does that for mostly to his toys..... :\

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Why he worries you? Does he does this
Wow i didn't know all of that!
I just took a careful look at his legs they're mostly yellowish green also when he separates his wings his back also has yellow spots...
I still have to post about his behaviours lately... he worries me a lot
This evening when we saw pictures of his kind he started displaying and he does that for mostly to his toys..... :\
00FE3056-E219-4353-BF9C-C0CAC44AC55B.png

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He looks great, and what a wonderful update! :cheer:

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Why he worries you? Does he does this

View attachment 360463
He screams harshly sometimes. Especially if he's alone in the top of his cage
Also his displaying A LOT to his bells, toys and does weird moves by his neck as if he trys to feed a mate.... or what it seems to.
I don't know if this is normal behavior. I'm new to parrot owner.
Yes he does open his wing and pinning his eyes also his head more like in square shape but.... i'm still confused now with female reaction...
look here's a video i posted for his display
here
what you think about that? you sound have the knowledge that i've been looking for

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Yellow spots on the back could be he is Cinnamon Pied and the behavior described means he is a boy so in 3 years he will get his black ring around the neck! Very special boy... did he had his first moult yet? @Angela_2 first moult is at 4-6 months of age.

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Yellow spots on the back could be he is Cinnamon Pied and the behavior described means he is a boy so in 3 years he will get his black ring around the neck! Very special boy... did he had his first moult yet? @Angela_2 first moult is at 4-6 months of age.
I still am not quiet sure about his age, i got him as a gift from my dad and seems that the pet store he was in didn't take care of them so i think he's 7-9 months old
also he was molting very heavily in his 1st month home
still sheds some feathers but looking much better ^^*
thank you very very much dear for answering all my questions

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
1st molt starts around 4 months usually so he was aprox 4 months old when you got him and count 4 months back you will know his hatch month at least. Some birds starts at 4 months others at 4.5 months and even some at 6 months of age.

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
1st molt starts around 4 months usually so he was aprox 4 months old when you got him and count 4 months back you will know his hatch month at least. Some birds starts at 4 months others at 4.5 months and even some at 6 months of age.
Ahhhaa i see. I think he was holding his molt due the bad diet he was in ....
thank you \^-^/ now i can at least guess his age