• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tweety girl 2-20-14 - 8-25-20

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I know some of you have been following along with Tweety's journey through her up's & down's from her being found in our front yard. to her having a weird chocking problem that we couldn't figure out. to her laying 98 eggs that never hatched. To her getting a runny eye & being able to get it cleared up with some eye drops.
About 2 weeks ago she started falling off of her perches & we figured it was her nails getting to long since we hadn't been able to go to the vet because of covid for 6-7 months so we cut her nails a couple days ago & she was able to grip her perches better & then yesterday just before 5pm she fell down to the bottom of the cage & her right foot was pulled up to her chest & she was flapping one of her wings & her head was upside-down so I thought she was stuck & so I got her out & it kept happening my dad called her vet & he had already left for the night & the lady was being cranky saying that "he's schedule is all booked for tomorrow so he won't be able to see her" so we planned on going this morning & just wait until he would see us but then she started having these seizures every couple hours & then it started happening every hour so we found an emergency vet to take her to & after they took her in the vet said when they put her on oxygen she was having more closer together so we said our goodbyes over the phone & they put her down :crycry:
We brought her home & buried her today by the swing set she would sit on the little picnic table while I would swing & we would listen to music together & she would be so happy :sad11: my heart is broken & I don't know if I'll ever be fine again she was my first baby & always went everywhere with me :sad2: does it ever get easier?

The best friend anyone could ever have Tweety bird :budgie: 2-20-14 - 8-25-20:sad11:
I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful and obviously loved.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh no...I'm so, so sorry. Rest well beautiful girl.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Hi I am so very sorry for your loss fly free and hi little one

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very sorry for your loss.

Lunar

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Serena
So sorry for your loss. Tweety was obviously loved. May she rest in peace flying high with the other budgies in heaven eating all the millet and treat they want. :sorrow::sadhug:

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
So sorry for your loss. Tweety was obviously loved. May she rest in peace flying high with the other budgies in heaven eating all the millet and treat they want. :sorrow::sadhug:
Thank you :sad11: she sure was loved :sad2: the most amazing little bird anyone could ever have :sad11: she keeps coming back to see me & say hi :crycry:

Priya12

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Priya
I know some of you have been following along with Tweety's journey through her up's & down's from her being found in our front yard. to her having a weird chocking problem that we couldn't figure out. to her laying 98 eggs that never hatched. To her getting a runny eye & being able to get it cleared up with some eye drops.
About 2 weeks ago she started falling off of her perches & we figured it was her nails getting to long since we hadn't been able to go to the vet because of covid for 6-7 months so we cut her nails a couple days ago & she was able to grip her perches better & then yesterday just before 5pm she fell down to the bottom of the cage & her right foot was pulled up to her chest & she was flapping one of her wings & her head was upside-down so I thought she was stuck & so I got her out & it kept happening my dad called her vet & he had already left for the night & the lady was being cranky saying that "he's schedule is all booked for tomorrow so he won't be able to see her" so we planned on going this morning & just wait until he would see us but then she started having these seizures every couple hours & then it started happening every hour so we found an emergency vet to take her to & after they took her in the vet said when they put her on oxygen she was having more closer together so we said our goodbyes over the phone & they put her down :crycry:
We brought her home & buried her today by the swing set she would sit on the little picnic table while I would swing & we would listen to music together & she would be so happy :sad11: my heart is broken & I don't know if I'll ever be fine again she was my first baby & always went everywhere with me :sad2: does it ever get easier?

The best friend anyone could ever have Tweety bird :budgie: 2-20-14 - 8-25-20:sad11:
I’m so sorry for your loss , I know how you feel, I recently had to put down my African grey do to The same reason , she started have seizures out of no where and we got her to the hospital her seizures because frequent and consistent and not responding to the medication and the vets explained that her chance are not good and she’s suffering