• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Turquoise/blue opaline white male with orange head opaline yellow female - what kind of babies?

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
Hey guys,

I've only ever bred like colors with like colors, so I have no idea what this pair would give me. Important to note that the Mom of the OH opaline yellow female was a true albino, and Dad was the same color as the dark orange/yellow opaline. As you can see the female (OH yellow) has a dominant edge on her wings. They've grown somewhat attached in a very short period of time while I was taking care of the female for a friend, and they're trying to mate now. Would this be a good pairing? Or should I separate them until we find a male that looks like the orange/yellow female?

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Important to note that the Mom of the OH opaline yellow female was a true albino
I believe that you are mistaken about this as there are no true albino peach-faced lovebirds. This is due to the fact that you can not have an albino without a true blue mutation, and there is not one for peach-faced lovebirds.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
I believe that you are mistaken about this as there are no true albino peach-faced lovebirds. This is due to the fact that you can not have an albino without a true blue mutation, and there is not one for peach-faced lovebirds.
Are these peach faced? One looks like it has an eye-ring. I think the eye-ring lovebirds can be true albinos, but I could be mistaken.

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
Are these peach faced? One looks like it has an eye-ring. I think the eye-ring lovebirds can be true albinos, but I could be mistaken.
They're all peach-faced, sorry, meant to put that in the question!

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
Mom had red eyes and was all-white, that's all I know.