• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tube o' bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Ever since Piper and Lafayette decided her cage was the place to be at bed time I put in his small sleep tent in since at night to make sure they didn't fight over Piper's larger tent. Every morning since then I wake up and get the fids up and i find BOTH of them in the small tent. I see tails sticking up in weird angles as they shove themselves inside so it looks like a tube of toothpaste overflowing. But if I put in just the large one they bicker over it and one ends up sleeping on a perch. What..the???

What am I missing here?! I even watched them over the weekend and they didn't fight at all with the small tent. In went Piper and then went Lafayette, some chirping to each other and then utter silence. Next night I took it out and the pair of them got all angry at each other over the large tent. :huh: I guess it works for them, but why on earth are they happy to stuff themselves into a too small space together rather then the larger one that would have to be more comfortable? Any guesses folks? And the first time they don't wake up when I come in the room I am SO getting a picture of the tube o' bird.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have no idea,but I cant wait to see a pic :)

Dani

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
LOL That is soooooo adorable! I want to see pictures please! Why???? Who knows.....there silly little bird brains! I don't have any insight for you, but you have the cutest pair of conures! You are so lucky!!

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Oh it's hilarious. Half their butts hang out at two different angles, the moment they hear me walk in there's an eruption like a feathered explosion. *sighs* I guess I can take take the big tent out and just give it up as a bad idea. Maybe that's where Piper's imaginary friend sleeps or something and she's protective. ;)

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Kristen that sounds like a sight to behold. Pictures PLZ.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
it sounds hilarious..the only thing that has me concerned is that those types of things usually encourage nesty behavior in females.

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
:laughing6:i needed that laugh....i dont have the foggest idea on what promotes this behavior but it sure is funny!! Ohhh yessss a pic is a must!!!!! I just HAVE to see this!!!

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Maybe it's a conure thing. Gussie loves for me to hold her squeezed into my hand. If I form a circle with my thumb & forefinger, she sits on my thumb and pokes her head into the circle & squeezes her body in & sits there with her back against the palm of my hand. She'll actually go to sleep that way. And then there's this flock (it's one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE photos :) :

http://forums.avianavenue.com/winne...-contest-sponsored-california-bird-nerds.html

Crickets Mom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shelly Foss
Maybe it's a conure thing. Gussie loves for me to hold her squeezed into my hand. If I form a circle with my thumb & forefinger, she sits on my thumb and pokes her head into the circle & squeezes her body in & sits there with her back against the palm of my hand. She'll actually go to sleep that way. And then there's this flock (it's one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE photos :) :

http://forums.avianavenue.com/winne...-contest-sponsored-california-bird-nerds.html
Love that pic!!!!!!!!!!!!1:lol:

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Definitely, we want photos of this one! Mine likes little cozy places to hide, I have to wonder if it is a conure thing too. I'd also be afraid of a nesting tendancy. I had to take jazzy's tent out of her cage, it caused problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.