• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tteok is a traitor.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
He is loving my boyfriend more than me.

I handfed him. I clean his mess. I feed him. I give him water. I am the one who has him out. I give him treats.

But freaking second my boyfriend walks into the room, Tteok flies over and starts heartwinging at him and singing.

Not. Fair. :arghh: :angry101:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Same happened to me with my quaker. I raised him from 3 months old he ended up not wanting anything to do with me for a long time. I won't adopt babies anymore because of it!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Same happened to me with my quaker. I raised him from 3 months old he ended up not wanting anything to do with me for a long time. I won't adopt babies anymore because of it!
I’m am big mad about it! I raised the little turd! :sad10:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I’m am big mad about it! I raised the little turd! :sad10:
This is actually super common with babies. They are hardwired to leave the nest and find a mate that isn't the parent. Hand raising them makes you the parent - not good mate material

Hobgoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cate
I haven’t hand raised any of mine. Yet still they both prefer their father. I do all their care, research how to train and work with them, etc. they like me ok and are good for me. My boyfriend on the other hand pretty much loves on them until they submit to it following no code of bird conduct and they flock to him. He’s the fun dad and I’m the dependable mother. But oh well.

DORIS123

Strolling the yard
My birds go to my boyfriend because birds like to stand tall. Could it be part of the reason?

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
My birds go to my boyfriend because birds like to stand tall. Could it be part of the reason?
Not likely, he’s really only slightly taller than I am haha

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
The way Eva looks stares at my husband is…a little off putting. She just looks at him with love. For two seconds before Wally flies in between them and breaks it up haha. That’s their game…who can be closer to their person.