• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Trying to hand train Riti, again.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
She is so skittish and afraid of hands it's a problem. So I took a different tack this time. They say "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". Well that might work with Riti the bottomless pit as well. So I have been offering her Slivered Almonds, one of her favorite treats, and to make her work for them. I hold my arm up in front of her and then hold the Almond on the other side of my arm from her so she has to step up to reach it. Well greed overcomes fear and she goes for the almond every time. Now we are to the point she will climb on my arm and eat the treat right there knowing she'll get another as soon as she finishes that one. One step at a time.

Miss Piggy! her favorite hobby...eating!

eatingasnormal.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Good luck :)

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's very pretty!

Galadriel

Meeting neighbors
I got really lucky with Scout. He loves to come out and be on everyone...and into everything. I just have to keep a close eye on him, because he hates the other birds and is a bully. Keep at her. She'll come around.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
There are people who are against using food in training or simply see no point. If you learn to train without bribery, but using treats as the reward, it can be a great way start communicating with them and forming a *healthy* bond while stimulating them mentally. It can be fun for human and bird! :)