• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Trying to find a breeder

Samthomp26

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Samantha thompson
Hello! I'm trying to find a reputable green cheek conure breeder that doesn't clip does disease and DNA testing. Does anyone have someone they have bought from or someone they know that is a breeder you trust? I'm in Raleigh nc so I don't mind shipping since this is a major airport. Just want a healthy bird

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Something Cheeky Aviary is very close to you and has a very good reputation. Here is a link to their website: Home .

Samthomp26

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Samantha thompson
Something Cheeky Aviary is very close to you and has a very good reputation. Here is a link to their website: Home .
I wanted to go with them but they clip the wings. I just went to visit and hang out with the birds to make sure it is the bird I want and that's when the owner said she clips

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I know that they usually do, but was unsure if they always do.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It doesn't take long for the feathers to grow back.
Clipping is fairly controversial and is often a problem, it is less about the actual feather being cut than the damage that can be done and the rights of the bird to be a bird. The feathers should very well grow back perfectly after the first molt, unfortunately sometimes the will or confidence to fly are gone when an unfledged baby is clipped.

I personally would never buy a clipped bird and especially a clipped bird from a breeder- there is much more to this issue than the feathers simply growing back. :)