• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Trying to be good parront

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I had to be gone for longer then normal time. So before I left I searched YouTube for a video of cockatiel sounds to play for Bebe. Something that I do in summer while I'm tending the garden. I found one that when I played it he began singing back too. While it played I got dressed and ready to go. Two minutes, I hear voice talking, WHOA WT????. I come out quick ,to see what was talking. Dang it's a commercial I hit skip and another one comes on. I find a different video, same thing. Question, on YT are there any videos that don't play commercials? It's bad I have watch them but he shouldn't have to.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I had to be gone for longer then normal time. So before I left I searched YouTube for a video of cockatiel sounds to play for Bebe. Something that I do in summer while I'm tending the garden. I found one that when I played it he began singing back too. While it played I got dressed and ready to go. Two minutes, I hear voice talking, WHOA WT????. I come out quick ,to see what was talking. Dang it's a commercial I hit skip and another one comes on. I find a different video, same thing. Question, on YT are there any videos that don't play commercials? It's bad I have watch them but he shouldn't have to.
Usually you can skip the commercial after a few seconds.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
It freaked me out hearing a man's voice when I'm home alone. Didn't do Bebe any good either

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
If you're using a computer/laptop, just install the chrome (or firefox?) Extention called AdBlocker. No YouTube ads EVER! Itll be in the google extension store I believe.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Just a old samsung phone that get internet.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Any and all youtube videos can get ads. The only way to get rid of them is to install an adblocker.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
If you're using a computer/laptop, just install the chrome (or firefox?) Extention called AdBlocker. No YouTube ads EVER! Itll be in the google extension store I believe.
THANK YOU! I'm going to try and find that. This is SO hopeful!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Thanks Bee! I looked and looked under extensions in Google, but then went to the Google store (finally)... Ha. I wasn't sure how to get that so now when I go to the Google menu, and then the extensions drop down, I FIND IT there - yaaaay! Now to try out youtube and see if those pesky ads are gone.... Gotta wait 'til Ferg and Fi are awake now! :D

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
My bad! It's been so long since I've installed it... I just remember it's from Google SOMETHIN'!
Glad you found it. @Fergus Mom

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
My bad! It's been so long since I've installed it... I just remember it's from Google SOMETHIN'!
Glad you found it. @Fergus Mom
Me too - I'm testing it out now, and NO ADS! I had never heard of this before, so thanks so much for telling me about it. Me, Fergus and Fiona now listening to Johnny Cash UNINTERRUPTEDLY! :heart:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
If you need to block ads on you tube for android find you tube Vanced. It works great, no ads anymore while playing long videos. I understand they want to make moey and pay for the stuff they have to use but it';s very annoying and just makes users want to block everything but the video they want to see. Download YouTube Vanced APK [NON-ROOT] Install the non root version and the microG thing and it should work on your phone.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
If you need to block ads on you tube for android find you tube Vanced. It works great, no ads anymore while playing long videos. I understand they want to make moey and pay for the stuff they have to use but it';s very annoying and just makes users want to block everything but the video they want to see. Download YouTube Vanced APK [NON-ROOT] Install the non root version and the microG thing and it should work on your phone.
Thanks Terry - this is such useful info to those that watch on their phones.
I can use my phone some, and have AA on it, but it's so difficult for me to navigate that phone versus
the PC! I'll keep trying though - don't think I'll ever be as comfortable on my phone as the
whippersnappers! :roflmao::laugh::wacky:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Get a nice tablet. It uses the same OS a Android phone does and the screens much bigger so it's easier to use and easier to watch things on. I have a Samsung Tab S 10.5 from 2014 that does great, my sister uses a really nice high end Amazon Tablet that has like a 4k screen from back when they were trying to prove they could make a excellent top end tablet to compete with Apple and Android tablets of the day. The newer Samsung and Amazon Tablets are pretty nice if you have the budget and there are plenty of cheap but good Chinese ones out there if you do some research. I spend a lot of my time on my tablet saving electricity and reading emails, surfing, responding here.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Get a nice tablet.
I had a tablet, it seemed to take forever to boot up, and it lost battery life really quickly!
But I only paid about $40.00 for it, as I recall. Do the more expensive ones have more battery life to them?

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
My Samsung will standby for days sleeping. It will run for probably 2 to 4 hours just surfing and using YouTube. My first really nice tablet was lucky to hold for a hour and was dead. If you go to some of the tablet geek sites they will give you real world reviews about just about any tablet made, speed, battery life, quality of display, typical price, then you can make a good decision on one that will fit your budget and needs. I paid 169 for this one as a PERFECT refurb. The screen is close to 4k and OLED so it's super bright and clear but it now has screen burn in so I might replace it soon, though it still works fine otherwise.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I've found a few "Calming Bird Music" videos that don't have ads. Usually I check by looking at the timeline and seeing if it has any yellow dots (ads). Here are two links.
10 Hours+ || Calming Music For Birds || Budgies || Relaxing Music to Tame your Birds #3
15 hours! How To Calm A Parrot! New Relaxing Music Has Helped Over 4 Million Pets - Pet Therapy