• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Trust Building Continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabernet

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robin Abernethy
It's been about 4 or 5 weeks now since I first got Nugget, my little lutino female. She was 8 weeks old when I got her.

She used to fly into her happy hut every time I came near to her cage, which is beside my bed, but I just quietly talked with her and told her what a good bird she was.

This week, with the four days that I've been off, she now steps up from inside her cage and hangs out with me much of the day on my shoulder. She's accepting scritches and beak rubs.

My good friend asked me if she's accepted treats from me yet, and I had to say no. However - this morning, she's been taking oats and nuts from me! :laughing12:

Our favorite thing to do together is watch TLA videos where she can talk to the other birds, especially that crazy Bebe! LOL

She went from being afraid of me (as a new baby would be) to now demanding that I come get her so we can have Mommy and Nugget time! :heart:

Now I can't wait to get through the next four days of work to have another four days off with Nugget!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Great update. Patience and love is the key. Works everytime!!! :)

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
It's such a wonderful feeling when they begin to show trust, isn't it? :heart:

liltweets

Jogging around the block
That's wonderful. It is an amazing feeling when they start to trust.
I love the TLA videos myself. :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.