• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TropiMix? Is it good/bad/?

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
I feed Tops/Zupreem mixture and am switching from Tops to Higgins as it's more complete and I don't have tons of fresh food time ATM.

But I was wondering about this Tropimix I saw at Care-A-Lot. Anyone know what it is? If it's any good? ETC.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I like Higgins Tropican a lot! The Tropimix I don't like as much as I find I have a lot of Waste with it, and I'm anal about having control of my pellet to "other" percentages ;) Mixed with additional pellets I like it more!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Roger is currently favouring the Zupreem Fruitblend atm, but I give him a mix of that with Hagen Tropican and Top's. He also gets a fortified seed mix from Hagen, as well as his chop and fruit. He will not eat salad.
I've seen the Tropimix a few times on the sites I buy from, but never thought to try it.
What's said of it:
While Hagen recommend their HARI Tropican food to be used as the base diet for your small Parrot, this HARI Tropimix can be used alongside it as an enrichment food.
So it's basically a supplement. It seems to have a lot in it including grains and legumes so would be a good sidedish to any meal.