• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Trevor's story

animalcrazy

Sprinting down the street
Trevor is a one legged parakeet who has inspired me to write this story. When Trevor was approximately 4 months old he had an accident and he was left with just 1 leg. Luckily for us, we found a vet who knew how to operate on birds hence Trevor was saved. After the surgery, Trevor was got home however, he spent the next 2 months wearing a recovery collar to prevent him from tearing the stitches. Life was really hard for him since he needed help to do everything and we were quite saddened seeing him this way. To our surprise, Trevor bounced back in 2 months, learned how to walk, learned how to live a normal life and even started talking!

Trevor is 4.5 years now and he lives a comparatively normal life now. The lil tyke hangs up side down, hangs with his beak and basically goofs around all the time! He is a jolly little parrot who never says never!

Trevor has taught me that
  1. life isnt as hard or bad as we think it is.
  2. no matter how bad our life is, if we want to do something we can.
  3. where there is a will there is definitely a way.

Last edited:

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
Amazing story! :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hello Trevor, you are sooo very handsome!:heart: What a great story! I love what you learned.:)
I think they are always teaching us and reminding us to be humble.:hug8:

nellysmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diane
What a great story and great pic. Thanks and hugs to you for giving Trevor a chance. I think the SN birds hold an extra special place in our heart. I have a SN teil and this little guy is just a wonder:heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a wonderful story and thank you so much for giving Trevor a chance..I love his red beak..what a doll!!!!

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Welcome Trevor to AA glad to hear your story. Nice to know there was someone out there for you that wasn't scared away by the challenge of your situation.

Can't wait to see more pics.:D

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Wow - when you said parakeet, I thought budgie so when I saw Trevor I was caught completely off guard! :hug8:He's a beautiful bird - Indian ringneck? As for his story, while sad it also shows that we should never underestimate the will of a bird. I don't believe any bird has the word "no" or "can't" in their mind (or vocabulary). :D

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh my little Trevor is soo very handsome.. :heart: And thank you so much for sharing his story.. He truely is a inspiration.. :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Thank you for posting Trevor's story. It is so inspiring how they adapt and carry on. We can sure take a lesson from them. :hug8:

animalcrazy

Amazing story! :hug8:
Thanks! :hug8:

Hello Trevor, you are sooo very handsome!:heart: What a great story! I love what you learned.:)
I think they are always teaching us and reminding us to be humble.:hug8:
Trevor says Thanks!

What a great story and great pic. Thanks and hugs to you for giving Trevor a chance. I think the SN birds hold an extra special place in our heart. I have a SN teil and this little guy is just a wonder:heart:
Thanks for the kind words.. :) Sending love for your teil.

what a wonderful story and thank you so much for giving Trevor a chance..I love his red beak..what a doll!!!!
Thanks ;)

Welcome Trevor to AA glad to hear your story. Nice to know there was someone out there for you that wasn't scared away by the challenge of your situation.

Can't wait to see more pics.:D
Thanks! More pics will be up soon.. :D

:heart: Trevor

He is very sweet :)

Wow - when you said parakeet, I thought budgie so when I saw Trevor I was caught completely off guard! :hug8:He's a beautiful bird - Indian ringneck? As for his story, while sad it also shows that we should never underestimate the will of a bird. I don't believe any bird has the word "no" or "can't" in their mind (or vocabulary). :D
Thanks :) When I got him, I was shocked as well that he is a parakeet and not a parrot... I agree with you, birds dont believe in words like no, never, cant etc, they are resilient and determined to do what they set out to do.. :)

Oh my little Trevor is soo very handsome.. :heart: And thank you so much for sharing his story.. He truely is a inspiration.. :hug8:
Thanks, he has taught me a lot :)

FidFlock

Real Name
Nikki
I love my little Nuuki to death, and I know just how spirited these birds can be :heart:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
I cannot add to Trevor's accolades. But how very amazing! :heart: