• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Treetop Condominium

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
John, I would be interested in buying one that size. Is it by chance possible to have it broken down where it can be reassembled once arrived? That might eliminate the bulkiness of shipping. Let me know...that's an awesome design! Seriously.
If I wanted to build run of the mill crap then it's pretty easy. I will make stuff to break down. Part of the reason it's very hard with stuff like this you don't see any metal/fasteners anywhere for aesthetic reasons and safety. It's not meant to come apart.

They are very nice, when I first seen some of the stuff I wasn't aware that John was selling them.
John is this going to be a new business adventure? I hope so, I'd buy some of those, not kidding either. Nothing beats good quality craftmanship.
Make a page photo list of the items you'll sell.
Everything nice I do is original one of a kind stuff so there is no catalogue. :) This is the only thing not sold right now. You design it. I'll build it.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
If I wanted to build run of the mill crap then it's pretty easy. I will make stuff to break down. Part of the reason it's very hard with stuff like this you don't see any metal/fasteners anywhere for aesthetic reasons and safety. It's not meant to come apart.

Everything nice I do is original one of a kind stuff so there is no catalogue. :) This is the only thing not sold right now. You design it. I'll build it.
You definitely do not build run of the mill crap. That's for sure. And yea, I notice there wasn't any fasteners.
Oh well, that's why I asked if it came like partially assemble,
Because something like that fully built wouldn't be easy to ship. Wish you didn't live in next country over. I go to Toronto often, to visit relatives, through port huron then to
Canada.
But I sure do admire that play gym. Hmmm, I do have design ideas. I'll get back to you on that.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You definitely do not build run of the mill crap. That's for sure. And yea, I notice there wasn't any fasteners.
Oh well, that's why I asked if it came like partially assemble,
Because something like that fully built wouldn't be easy to ship. Wish you didn't live in next country over. I go to Toronto often, to visit relatives, through port huron then to
Canada.
But I sure do admire that play gym. Hmmm, I do have design ideas. I'll get back to you on that.
If I know its going to have to be shipped then I would design it so and probably have to ship it in more than one box. I punched in the numbers for shipping. This would be $1200 to ship. (OMG) Twice what the thing is worth.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
If I know its going to have to be shipped then I would design it so and probably have to ship it in more than one box. I punched in the numbers for shipping. This would be $1200 to ship. (OMG) Twice what the thing is worth.
Lol.....ouch!! Thought it might be a few pretty pennies but wow!. Had to ship some things to my daughter in England,
Geez, shipping definitely isn't as cheap as it used to be.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Experience the ultimate in avian living in this luxurious high rise Treetop Condominium. 2 levels of comfort. Eat dinner up on the sun deck and then relax on the suspension bridge. Take the elegant winding circular staircase to the restroom to check your appearance in the mirror (SS spoon). 3 spinners. Removable base. Approx. 3ft wide. 5ft high 2ft deep. Apple tree wood. Untreated Pine. 60 pounds. :)

View attachment 320830 View attachment 320831 View attachment 320832 View attachment 320833

No drooling on the stand please. :D $695 CAD. (sorry can not ship this one. Too big. Too heavy)
Beautiful work John!!!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
@JLcribber can you teach me how to make those great ladder bridges?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
@JLcribber can you teach me how to make those great ladder bridges?
Stainless steel wire cable. (Picture hanging wire at the hard ware store) aluminum crimps to make the loops on each end. Spend a couple hours cutting and drilling all the little tree branches. Steering them together like a necklace. Loop and crimp the ends and you’re done.
10F4BB59-C084-4716-828B-47EA39FE3313.jpeg 62AE6432-C5E5-4779-8C38-9A7F4297A62D.jpeg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You're awesome John, you really are. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Stainless steel wire cable. (Picture hanging wire at the hard ware store) aluminum crimps to make the loops on each end. Spend a couple hours cutting and drilling all the little tree branches. Steering them together like a necklace. Loop and crimp the ends and you’re done.
View attachment 322974 View attachment 322975
Fantastic! Thank you so much! That's just what Monaco needs, sturdy ladder/bridges to get around with more confidence.

Last edited: