• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Treats for lorries?? flowering herbs??

bonneh

Moving in
Real Name
Bonnie
So I'm looking for high value treats for my partners lutino lorry so we can start working towards him being a bit better behaved.

His diet is very varied in terms of the fruit and veg he gets so there's not much value to treating with those. For instance he LOVES apple, if he sees either of us eating one he flies straight to us and wont rest til he gets some, but as soon as he has to work for it, I get ~maybe~ 2 targets, and then he loses interest completely.

I've read good things about lorries working for flowers, even when they're incorporated in their regular diet, but the trouble is sourcing them. My partner and I both live in apartments so growing large flowering plants is out of the question. I'm thinking we could get some herb boxes though, and I've read that chamomile and chive flowers are safe, but my question is what else? I'm looking at things like coriander, oregano, rocket, but I can't find any specifics on whether the flowers are safe? Anyone have any idea?

Open to any other suggestions as well :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew