• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Traveling with bird

Rex1718

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jack Winkle
My grandma isn’t doing to hot, a lot of us have started staying the night with her. We alternate nights. Wondering if it would be supper stressful on my green cheek conure to bring her along.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
How far is the traveling? It shouldn't be an issue if the bird has a safe place to go to or in. Some birds are not comfortable with a lot of people around and being in a different place.
I don't know much about your bird, (ie:) socialized, and etc...so basically it's a call you have to decide upon.

Rex1718

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jack Winkle
How far is the traveling? It shouldn't be an issue if the bird has a safe place to go to or in. Some birds are not comfortable with a lot of people around and being in a different place.
I don't know much about your bird, (ie:) socialized, and etc...so basically it's a call you have to decide upon.
It’s only about a 15 minute drive, she eats dinner and showers with me just about every night. Just didn’t want her waiting for me to take her out.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
She should do fine. Do you have a smaller cage she can travel, yet large enough for her to be comfortable while with your grandmother?
Prayers for your grandmother.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You could give it a go and see how your bird gets on.
Remember to bird-proof the room if you are going to let her out.
Sending well wishes to your grandma :hug9:

Rex1718

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jack Winkle
She should do fine. Do you have a smaller cage she can travel, yet large enough for her to be comfortable while with your grandmother?
Prayers for your grandmother.
Yeah I have a cage for her at my moms (next door to my grandma) We keep a cage there for when my mom bird sits for us