• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Traveling Advice?

olivierr1

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivier
So normally I would go visit my family every year, however, this year I got 2 little birdies!

We live in London with an IRN and parrotlet. My family lives in the Netherlands.

I doubt we'll be going this christmas because, you know, the rona..

Does anyone know anything about taking a bird through france? It would only be for a hundred miles or so, but still.
We'd drive there, so the birds dont have to sit in a plane cargo.. But we'd have to go through france!
I know france can be a bit of a pain when it comes to pets.

Any advice is appreciated!

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Have dry food in a bag. Veggies in a bag in cooler. Travel cages seatbelted if possible. Toys tethered so they don't swing. Portable stands. Paper towels and vinegar. Cage covers. That's all I can think of right now.

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
A hundred miles? So only about two hours, right? That’s not too long.
I agree with everything @Aves said. I wouldn’t put in any hanging toys for safety reasons. You’ll need to take a break or two to give them food and water. You can keep water in there if you have a bottle, but not food or water in a bowl because it could spill. You’ll want to have a reasonably sized travel carrier for each of them, and keep it seatbelted. There have been multiple threads about traveling with birds, you may want to search for them and find more information there. Hope this helps :)