• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Travel Carrier

Fischer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
N/A
Getting my Eclectus in a couple months and have been looking at carriers. Can anyone recommend any good ones?

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I have the Dayang travel cage and it seems very high quality. It goes under the name "Prevue" in the USA I think.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Mine is similar to the one on chewy (she came with it, so I don't know). Be careful about the width and height. With a perch and the two bowls there's not much more room to turn without getting her tail against all the bars. It's made for a rough looking set of feathers this summer.

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Are you flying or driving?

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Oh bug. Sorry, wrong photo- I switched out the top perch with a hand scraped one I did myself. Dimitri went 14 hours drive in this (stops along the way to enjoy life/sleep). But I placed the bungee toward the bottom (in case of accident). I like this model as it straps into the seatbelt.
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 3.06.32 PM.png

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
@Fischer
Then I do recomend the one I purchased- Not expensive, but durable for ekkie beaks long term (vet visits, etc).

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Oh bug. Sorry, wrong photo- I switched out the top perch with a hand scraped one I did myself. Dimitri went 14 hours drive in this (stops along the way to enjoy life/sleep). But I placed the bungee toward the bottom (in case of accident). I like this model as it straps into the seatbelt.
View attachment 344999
OH, that's it! I really wish it were almost square or had the bowls on the narrow side.

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
OH, that's it! I really wish it were almost square or had the bowls on the narrow side.
I just wish the bowls were mounted a little lower- but beggers cant be choosers. I really dont like the plexiglass ones, they tend to heat up if in the sun, they are easily scratched and harder to clean (especially with ekkies fresh only diet- Blueberry mahem!). I actually got a canine seat cover to go on below/behind of it. That way anything that spilled was not on the leather.

Because we were driving for so many days, I also brought a thin dark blanket to cover the cage while drivving at night so the flashing lights of cars, building etc didnt disurb him. But he loved seeing outside during the day- looking at all the trees.

@Fischer
How old will your ekkie be when you bring them home?
They are masters of reverting and often sold earlier than stated (so they may be younger) and hand feeding is necessary in *most of them.

Fischer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
N/A
They are masters of reverting and often sold earlier than stated (so they may be younger) and hand feeding is necessary in *most of them.
About three months I believe

Fischer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
N/A
Sorry meant two months at minimum. The bird would be about three months.