• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Travel cages

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Team Green have a couple of large travel cages, really too big as travel cages but good as over night cages. So I was at SBF and picked these up. Together they less than half the size of one of the other cages. Just the ticket for a run to get groomed of a trip to the vet. They even have fitted covers for them and I'll likely pick a couple of those. If I was sure they would get along I could use one but...

Of course me liking them in no way means Team Green will feel the same.

Travel Cages.jpg

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Wood and hardware "Cloth" 1/2" mesh wire. The bottom is slick to make clean up easier Normally I'd shy away from the hardware cloth but as these are for short term travel it shouldn't be a problem. When we move to FLorida next year they'll be in the big cages as we'll have to spend the night on the road. Those are Powder Coated and have water and food bowls so they can "Kick Back" a little.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I have been looking at those and I like that you can get a cover for it, especially when the weather is chilly or windy

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What is SBF? If I may make so bold as to ask.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
It's sugarcreek bird farm, just outside of dayton ohio. Really a nice place.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
The BEST!

Here are their web pages one for online store

sugarcreekbirdfarm.com

And the local

store.sugarcreekbirdfarm.com

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
It's more than a store though, it's half store, half school, and half zoo. Yes you can buy stuff but you can also take classes and learn. Plus they have many "Store Pets", at first I felt sad for them living in a store now I know they have it made. The get all the attention they want good food and care. Tons of out of cage time and there's a huge outdoor flight that even the largest birds and fly around in, and do! And if you ever see me post about Boomer she a CAG that is the sweetest Gray I have ever seen. Plus there are many species that most people would never get a chance to either see or interact with. If you are anywhere near by it's worth the trip...just leave the credit cards at home and only take what cash you can spare.

My sweetie Boomer
Boomer.jpg

Small and med bird toy wall, there another for large birds
DSC01006.JPG

And you never know who's watching you!
emu.jpg

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
The "WALL OF TOYS" is before the upgrade to the store. It's twice as large as the picture with a shelf above for all the travel cages to fit on so the floor of clear now

Plus they have all kinds of bulk and specialty foods and now a whole room full of cages for sell set up so you can see and not just buy a box and hope for the best.

Plus there are the "Baby Bird Rooms" (sadly close to most folks due to COVID) when they are breeding. Most of the breeding pairs are on break until next year as Bernie and crew care about the birds and not just the "Bottom Line".

They also donate to the local bird rescue and have school kids in for tours and are just great people.

I think you can see why I'll be sad to lose them when I move to Tampa BUT I can always order online...but I won't be able to scritch Boomer or talk to Tootsie the Quaker. I hope I can find a store in Tampa that's half as nice as SBF.