• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Travel cage for a Green Cheek Conure

Joanncat

Moving in
Hi,
I am on the hunt for a smaller cage for my GCC for the once or twice a year that we go out of town and the bird would go to my mothers house. It needs to be small enough to easily be transported in the car. If there was one that could be used for this purpose and vet visits, great. What do you think is the minimum amount of space you would need for this type of bird for a few days time twice per year or so?

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
I'd recommend a cage that is large enough to have food, water, and a few toys and perches (if it's more than a few hours). Prevue Pet Products has great travel carriers with excellent reviews.
Here are some of their best travel cages (Please note, these are in the U.S. and may not be available in other countries):
- Prevue Pet Products Square Roof Parrot Cage, Black
- Prevue Hendryx 91351 Square Roof Bird Cage Kit, Black,1/2"
- Prevue Pet Products Travel Carrier for Birds, Black
- Prevue Hendryx Travel Bird Cage 1305 White, 20-Inch by 12-1/2-Inch by 15-1/2-Inch

These cages aren't suited for permanent housing of conures, but may serve as a decent travel carrier/cage. I've heard great things about PawHut carriers and the Midwest Avian Adventures Poquito Avian Hotel.

I hope that this helps! @taxidermynerd owns a green cheek conure and may be able to help as well :)

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block