• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Training Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
I won a training tape in a raffle by Barbara Heidenreich . So I decided to try to teach Simon(SCC) first. I'm teaching him to put a toy in the bowl.
It's day 2 and he's doing great. He knows we will do training when I get the treats out. he immediatly picks up his foot for the toy:lol: he really likes it! He can put the toy in the bowl with his beak or his foot. This is the best thing I have done for my birds by far! He already knows how to do the trick in two days. so next week we'll try the turning trick!:dance5:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
HE is so incredibly smart that's why..but be careful he may be secretly trying to train you.:laughing12:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that is great continue the good work before he trains you lol thanks for sharing

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sound slike your doing great! GOOD JOB! And GOOD JOB SIMON!

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
I have the first one .Parrot behavior and training. It's great. Simon loves it. We were playing on the floor yesterday and he picked up a toy and saw a bowl on the floor and he walked all the way across the room and put the toy in the bowl ,then of course he turned aroung and looked at me and said "good"
I gave him a treat!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I have the first one .Parrot behavior and training. It's great. Simon loves it. We were playing on the floor yesterday and he picked up a toy and saw a bowl on the floor and he walked all the way across the room and put the toy in the bowl ,then of course he turned aroung and looked at me and said "good"
I gave him a treat!
That's great. Good training is great enrichment for birds (and other species too). I hope you will share some video when you can:)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Birds really do seem to enjoy training if we do it correctly.

Which means we need to be trained first. lol

Sounds like you have a good video there!

WTG Simon and you!!:dance5:

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Super. He does have better times than others. I like training in the evening because he looks so distracted in the morning...all he wants to do in the morning is explore. I will try to video but I'm having problems with a virus on my computer that is affecting my camera? I just had my computers fixed.I'm afraid to connect the camera to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.