• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Training sets up.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Riti is calming down a bit so I decided to step up the training a little. I have been handing her a Sunflower seed in by holding it between my fore finger and thumb, easy for her to grab. But the goal is for her to do "Step Ups" so I have swapped over to placing her Sunflower Seed on the back of my hand. She's taken to that fairly easily. Now I'm pushing a bit by moving the seed closer to my wrist ever 4-5 times she get the seed so she has to reach more and more to get on the hope that she'll step on my hand to get it. We'll see how it goes as it a game of baby steps.

Other than that she going very well and has taken to trying to climb up my leg. I thought it was sweet at first but so understood she was trying to climb INTO my pants leg...nice and dark looks like a good nesting place I guess. OH Well back to square one on that.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Riti is calming down a bit so I decided to step up the training a little. I have been handing her a Sunflower seed in by holding it between my fore finger and thumb, easy for her to grab. But the goal is for her to do "Step Ups" so I have swapped over to placing her Sunflower Seed on the back of my hand. She's taken to that fairly easily. Now I'm pushing a bit by moving the seed closer to my wrist ever 4-5 times she get the seed so she has to reach more and more to get on the hope that she'll step on my hand to get it. We'll see how it goes as it a game of baby steps.
That sounds like a good start.