• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

training course from birdtricks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Flooding works on smaller birds because you can do it to them... Just try it with the bigger guys and you'll get a better understanding of what the bird really thinks.... :eek:

jsrcksaaf

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brittney
I have been just googling training tips to leaarn different methods and tips. I suppose this is a free alternative?

middchix

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Donna
Great thread. I did buy from these guys and boy do I get the emails you are all talking about lol. I also appreciate the explanation of "flooding" I was wondering also what it meant.
Thanks for all the info will check out the book mentioned in the beginning of this thread. :)

greymatron

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
They also have a dog training course as well...:lol: I won't be paying that much for something I can do myself...Especially when there are wonderful individuals to learn from!

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am glad that I found this thread. I am surprised to rea through as I watch their videos in youtube and do like what I see so far. I haven't seen every single video, & havn't gone into depth detail with how they do things, but from the videos that I watched so far in youtube, I wasnt able to spot somethin bad really and since they have a galah, that was the main thing that grabbed me.

I did not buy their course training or anything, as I only discovered their videos recently.I guess that's good. Thanks for the heads up.

DoubleYellowGirl

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Larissa
i have ordered there training and talking on cue..... wow--- lol---- it is nothing like they said it was. the dvds of other animals talking is JUST a adio... NOT PICTURE, just sound... it suck!!! im getting my money back!!!
i am not happy, although i think the ebook i got sent to me is good....
but not worth $100:eek:

DoubleYellowGirl

Real Name
Larissa
there youtube videos R THE SAME THING on there short little dvd. i cant believe they charged $100 for what i got.... lol... im calling the company and saying " something is wrong with my dvd.. its only 20 mintues long.... 20 mintues of the same thing i see on youtube, and i paid $100 for it!!!"
they DO have a money back garentee and i will be getting it back!!

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
I bought the beginner taming and training tips DVD too (but for only $40 dollars...still too much...so it came with a clicker, ooooh! lol), based on some of the youtube videos of Dave and Jamieleigh. I like their videos, but I agree that the training DVD was kind of a joke. It really wasn't anything I didn't already know from common sense or other short youtube videos. You can google anything that is in their training course plus more.

Glamourcat

Meeting neighbors
I signed up for the free videos through email and was disappointed to find two minutes of actual information followed by five minutes of "buy our crap" - the sales are more important to them then anything else. All their videos are like that. This is basic clicker training - buy our toys. This is another clicker training - buy our pellets. You emailed us for advice? Buy the DVD and our toys and pellets! I gave up on them fairly quickly.

annunaki

North Central Florida, formerly Woodhaven Queens N
Real Name
Bob
Many Thanks. I too was searching for information on "birdtricks.com" to see if it was a scam and happened upon this site. Just this one thread was so informative and also mentioned other more reputable sources. I immediately joined.

This is my new Go To site for information for Sasha-my male African Grey.:hug8:

Sapphire Moon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Many Thanks. I too was searching for information on "birdtricks.com" to see if it was a scam and happened upon this site. Just this one thread was so informative and also mentioned other more reputable sources. I immediately joined.

Welcome to the Avenue Bob. I think you will like it here. I too am origionally from Queens, Flushing and College Point.:welcomeavenue:

Status
Not open for further replies.