• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

train wreck, doghouse

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Can we have a train wreck emoji?
How long has it been since you've sent someone to the doghouse? Do you even do that anymore?
Can you list the Antecedents, Behavior and Consequences of that?
(Partly venting, partly curious)

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A doghouse emoji wouldn’t be censorial, not since I got a dog. :laugh:

But if we’re requesting new emojis, I’d appreciate a millet one!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Anyone routinely not aligning with the site rules and etiquette is eligible for a dog house!

We have a few different dog houses available. Usually we will first message you for a free consultation on how to proceed if you would like to see one of them.

Some of our models include a completely sound proofed dog house where you can shout all the things you want to shout and no one will hear you on the outside. Great for those that type without considering how harmful or rude their comments are before hitting submit!

Some of our models only include windows facing specific directions for those members that are reactive to certain stimuli. If you and a specific member clash a lot, or you get enraged every time you are in a certain part of the forum, this one might be for you!

Others models are more of a foster program where you receive constant training on what is and is not acceptable behavior. If you have frequent contact with staff over your posts, you probably are already in this program ;)

And sometimes, the dog houses we have available are just not a good fit and we suggest you go to a competitor that may be able to suit your needs more.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Thanks @Mizzely !
I can tell there's been a lot of thought put into the doghouse accommodations!
It's fascinating to read the link you posted because you can tell it's carefully crafted to cover a lot of stuff that has happened thru the years.
But first people have to read it, and that's the hard part.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Anyone routinely not aligning with the site rules and etiquette is eligible for a dog house!

We have a few different dog houses available. Usually we will first message you for a free consultation on how to proceed if you would like to see one of them.

Some of our models include a completely sound proofed dog house where you can shout all the things you want to shout and no one will hear you on the outside. Great for those that type without considering how harmful or rude their comments are before hitting submit!

Some of our models only include windows facing specific directions for those members that are reactive to certain stimuli. If you and a specific member clash a lot, or you get enraged every time you are in a certain part of the forum, this one might be for you!

Others models are more of a foster program where you receive constant training on what is and is not acceptable behavior. If you have frequent contact with staff over your posts, you probably are already in this program ;)

And sometimes, the dog houses we have available are just not a good fit and we suggest you go to a competitor that may be able to suit your needs more.
:rofl: This brightened up my afternoon! :laugh: Thank you!

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
It’s a quote from frank lloyd wright. He liked spare nearly horizontal lines.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Okay folks...... the forum has shifted into an area that we're discussing hypnotizing chickens?

While I admit it's sweet that Wright designed a dog house for a young boy, why did he pick on chickens?

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
There’s a quote about FLW commenting in an architectural design, saying something like “lines that could hypnotize a chicken.”
Learned from a poultry sciences prof when I joked about hypnotizing my one eyed parrot.

there’s a folk practice of hypnotizing chickens…

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh my gosh!!! I had NO idea! But I can put them to sleep when holding them. No videos either....

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I can put to sleep baby chickens and turkeys, too. Makes any exam and blood draw much less stressful. But I was not able to hypnotize my one eyed parrot.
(See! There was a real point to all that blather!)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:popcorn2: I'm enjoying all the chicken talk. Not sure how we got here but it's very interesting none the less! :yes3:

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
That is no doghouse, that’s a chicken coop.