• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

tragic death of baby eagle

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh no that's so sad :(
I hate stuff like that but it is nature. Still saddens me though

Bryan Black

Strolling the yard
We have a bald eagle nest in the field at my parents house they raise a chick or two every year. I guess it's been over ten years that they have had the nest there for sure maybe even longer.

Sad to hear about this little one not making though. :(

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am very sorry for the loss of the little one fly free baby

Bryan Black

Strolling the yard
I was able to get a picture today of one of the eagles at my parents house... well kind of

If you look by the tree on the right on the ground you can see one of the eagles the other flew off when I pulled up. They have had that nest for over ten years now and raised many chicks from it. Sorry my phone camera is so bad but thought I would share it.

Attachments

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
:sorrow::sad7: that's sad!

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I was able to get a picture today of one of the eagles at my parents house... well kind of

If you look by the tree on the right on the ground you can see one of the eagles the other flew off when I pulled up. They have had that nest for over ten years now and raised many chicks from it. Sorry my phone camera is so bad but thought I would share it.
That's awesome! What a huge nest!! I couldn't believe how big the babies are, they are huge birds! The adults are 4+ ft tall! :D

Bryan Black

Strolling the yard
That's awesome! What a huge nest!! I couldn't believe how big the babies are, they are huge birds! The adults are 4+ ft tall! :D
The nest smells horrible though all that dead stuff rotting away in the summer with the right breeze... eww does it stink

I am not sure what kind of bird it was but I seen them chasing something away one time and it was at least twice the size that the eagles were. It had a big white spot in the center under both wings and was the same dark color as the eagles. Whatever it was that thing was huge.