• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toys recommendations

Yabiwheeler

Moving in
My sun conure Frankie is finally getting his big cage! This means its toy shopping time. Frankie has never played with toys I have had him since August and have offered many toys but he might bite it a few times and is over it so I need some recommendations!! I really want to see him play and have fun like my other birds do with their toys.
What are your birds favorite and your favorite places to shop?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Here are all of the vendors here on the avenue :) List of Vendors and AA Store Profiles

I am one of the vendors, and my focus is actually little birds like conures ;) My green cheek never liked any of the pet store toys so I had to make my own! Ones I usually recommend to birds learning to play are these two as they have a lot of different textures to explore:

I think I have shopped with just about every vendor here though and everyone has unique offerings that make them a great asset to our community!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Two big thumbs up for the AA vendors. :tup::tup: We do not buy toys at the store anymore! All of the toys from forum vendors that we have tried out have been very well made, are a good price, and my Jenks takes right to them! These people know birds because they all have them so they are pretty good at making toys birds love

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Me either why waste the money & buy junk. I just bought from lil' Monsters & Things 4 wings. Can't wait for my goodies!!!

Buddy will be occupied for a week or 2, I hope! We're getting some warmer weatber again & if it kicks those hormones up again, I may move out & let Buddy chew his way outta the house. :batonthehead:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Cheddar wants what he's NOT supposed to have Keyboard, mouse, cell phone or Remote...you know the cheap stuff. :depressed: He has learned to play with toys though, the smaller the better and like Mizzely said hand made are better. And it seems the more work and the longer it takes the faster he chew it to pieces. The toys below cost over $14.00 each and lasted about 1 to 2 days. Needless I had to come up with the parts to make them or I was heading to the poor house. Even then it cost between $6.00 to $10.00 to rebuild or build from scratch. :bored:

DSC00793.JPG

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wood is cheaper than remotes, keyboards & door & window frames. It looks like Cheddar is going to have a heck of a time.

I know it's sorta hard to see in this grainy pic, but as I was writing this, I looked up & Buddys ripping a "Shawna" cookie apart.

I wonder if a Bongo box would be better for you Mark. I've just ordered my 2nd one & it's in the mail. Can't wait too get it!!!

20200125_121149.jpg

20200125_121154.jpg