• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toys for Meyer's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I am interested in hearing what types of toys Meyer's or Pois in general tend to like. Tanya, feel free to jump in here and tell me specifically what things you think Nemo might like or that he has liked there. Thanks everyone!

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Soft wood! Beads! Leather knots! TONS of foot toys! Pinatas!

I think the easier question would be what toys DOESN'T a Poi like?!
They are SO much fun to shop for!!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Soft wood! Beads! Leather knots! TONS of foot toys! Pinatas!

Okay, thanks. I have a lot of soft wood I can make him some toys. I think I might still need to do a toy order though:)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Yeah, I agree with this.

Mine generally play with anything and everything, specially Zuri (youngest Meyer's) while Petey (older Meyer's) is a bit more specific (but I think this is due to the fact that he didn't really have any toys before coming here, but he's starting to play with more different things).

Softer woods are definitively better than anything too hard though.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki

Yeah, I agree with this.

Mine generally play with anything and everything, specially Zuri (youngest Meyer's) while Petey (older Meyer's) is a bit more specific (but I think this is due to the fact that he didn't really have any toys before coming here, but he's starting to play with more different things).

Softer woods are definitively better than anything too hard though.
Thanks! So, do they like shreddy toys? Do they seem to prefer wood to shreddy?

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Thanks! So, do they like shreddy toys? Do they seem to prefer wood to shreddy?
It depends.
They'll have moments where all they want are wooden toys then let those go and play with other type of toys, including shreddable stuff.

Then they'll go back to wood.

Hence the importance to offer then a variety so they always have something that fits their "flavour or the day" ;)

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Elle actually prefers pinatas at the moment but both work equally well!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Mine also happen to love bells.
I tend to have those out of their cages and they really like to beat them up.

This applies to everyone - including Petey ;)

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
Congrats Vickie on adopting Nemo. You are going to love him, he is just the sweetest little guy, and has such a cute little voice.

My RB loves toys, I think most poi's do. Anything and everything she is game for. She tears apart whatever she can, so shredders and anything with soft wood and lots of beads and straws would probably be some things he would like. Congrats again, you are getting a really nice Meyers!
Sandy

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Pretty loves wood. Although lately her thing has been soft plastics. She also loves the curly shoelaces. I'm hoping to get her the Starbird Ring Around the Rainbow here really soon.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Congrats Vickie on adopting Nemo. You are going to love him, he is just the sweetest little guy, and has such a cute little voice.

My RB loves toys, I think most poi's do. Anything and everything she is game for. She tears apart whatever she can, so shredders and anything with soft wood and lots of beads and straws would probably be some things he would like. Congrats again, you are getting a really nice Meyers!
Sandy

You met him??? I can't wait for him to get here!

Quest

Real Name
Judy
My brown head loves to chew
soft wood. He also likes those little
munch balls or balls of vine. I put shredded
paper and pieces of almond in them. He loves
to chew.

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
You met him??? I can't wait for him to get here!
Yep, I was with Tanya when she picked him up, had seen him before when he was with his previous people, and see him almost daily. He is such a great little guy, loves everyone and everything. You are going to love him :)

Sandy

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Yep, I was with Tanya when she picked him up, had seen him before when he was with his previous people, and see him almost daily. He is such a great little guy, loves everyone and everything. You are going to love him :)

Sandy
I can't wait for him to get here.

I have made him several toys so I will see what he likes to play with and what he prefers. He seems like a real sweetheart from the pictures I have seen and what Tanya has told me.:heart:

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
Meru loves small wooden stars and wooden beads! He's not a big fan of shreddables. so far with him hes picky with the size and shape of the wood, but once you figure out what they like best the rest is easy!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Thanks guys. I made several toys the other day and I am going to buy at the Sidewalk Sale:) I just hope I get lots of stuff he likes.

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
Ollie likes all types of toys, but especially ones that he can destroy. Wood has to be his favorite material to "deconstruct", followed by his jingle ball (loves to roll on his back and play with it), and bell. He especially loves to destroy little wooden parrot toys that look like creatures. "Mikey" which is a wooden mouse effigy has been destroyed 5 times already and he doesn't seem to tire of destroying new ones as soon as he's done chewing the head off his current one. He did not like the frog very much though.

Sailorman

Checking out the neighborhood
Soft wood sticks and beads, paper, small plastic beads, leather lacing, and hanging wet paper towels were Kuti's favorites. She also loved a bunch of baby carrots strung together. She'd eat about 5% of them and had a blast tearing the rest of them to pieces. She also preferred shades of yellow and orange to other colors. Oh yeah, the occasional de-clawed fiddler crab made a great plaything before she cracked it open and ate it like a nut. A good source of protein too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.