• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

toys and enrichment for doves... ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penny'smom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
I am looking for enrichment and toy ideas for doves. Any suggestions are appreciated!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
The best I have found is shreddy paper, like that you would put in a gift bag or basket, I get it at the dollar store and timothy hay. I put it into the little cages that you can get for small animals or the cages for putting in those wild bird seed blocks. They love them:)

I am looking for enrichment and toy ideas for doves. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Bump.. :)

Inkrose115

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie
I can tell you what my diamond dove liked, but he was weird. He liked to swing, plastic toys with beads he could push back and forth, pinatas (although he couldn't shred it, he did like to peck at it), and bells. He liked to make noise, but he was small, so toys were limited. He liked to play with the shredded bits from Bella's toys.

His favorite activity was foraging in on the floor when it was covered with bits of millet and lots of shredded papers. That's a natural behavior for them, so that's why he liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.