• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy suggestions

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Ok so JoJo is starting to chew and my fingers are the chew toy. He's pinching and grinding using the very tip of his beak which is sharp as a needle. Ouch. My skin is extremely sensitive to damage too so where he pinches it swells up a bit. I think it's time to get him something to chew on. I'm going to be getting a mineral block and I have one in mind(though I am going to do research on it first just to be sure it's something I agree with and it's safe).

I want to start with something simple and not too complicated since JoJo is still a baby and not weaned yet(in the process though and it's going quite well as he's eating the food I got him). I'm looking for something low cost, safe and appropriate for a bird that's still learning about the world.

I will look at all suggestions and decide what to get once I get an idea on what's available to me as options to save my fingers from turning into shredded mystery meat.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
These are the toys from my shop that I recommend for birds new to toys: Toys for Timid Birds

Quakers in my experience fall into two categories: those that like toys and those that only like toys with food :lol:

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Ooo. Those are really neat looking. Simple ones too. I'm not entirely sure how JoJo would take to a toy but I will definitely look into those. Specially the foragers. I just got a sampler package from Lafebers of a bunch of nutriberries and avicakes so one of those simple foraging toys would be great to start with. Will for sure look at those.