• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy suggestions for Amazons?

Zonlover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rebecca
Hey everyone,

Any Amazon parrot toy suggestions? What would be good toys for parrots afraid of new toys, and what would be good toys for parrots that are very destructive? Good foraging toys? Any DIY ideas? All Amazon parrot toy recommendations welcome! :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am going to suggest medium/large bird toys. I would suggest light woods like pine pieces or squares 1/2 inch or thinner 2" size for easy chewing. This would be gaining interest maybe even balsa that is easily destroyed giving this bird a new found "Yeah! this was fun"!

Anything maybe jingly as in Stainless steel toys. Birds love to forage for fun goodies. Maybe a few small crinkled up paper with a nut treat inside.

There is so much to offer and try. Birds also like to shred things. Any shreddable type toys are good too.

My Red Lored is a light chewer, loves lighter woods, not as thick. He loves to shred birdie bagels too. But an array of textures also catches their curiosity too.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If you're just starting out and don't know what they like, I do offer a couple of options ;)

My Amazon customers are all over the place :lol: Some are wimps and like balsa, cork, mahogany, etc. Others are bigger chewers and like cottonwood coins, 1/4" and 1/2" pine, etc. So testing out many different materials is always a good start!