• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy recommendations for a macaw

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ik many of you probably came rushing here thinking “ what Mr.Mango got a macaw and didn’t tell us?!?” Well that’s not entirely true, mango acts like a macaw but is a real baby when it comes to toys so I like to call him my little macaw besides aratinga conures literally mean little macaw and I think sun conures do look like small macaws and they certainly sound like them, so sorry for the semi clickbait :roflmao::hilarious::pOn a separate note mango is running dangerously low on toys, he is a picky boy when it comes to what he likes, so I’m turning to you AA to steer me towards some good toys, he likes softer materials that he can tear and chew easily like balsa, sola, mahogany pods, wood beads, thin pine, basicallly stuff he can tear easily, if u guys have any specific toys that you think he may like feel free to add the below, thanks :wacky: ;):roflmao:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley chews like a macaw. Here are some of his favorites, with pine and soft stuff:

If he ONLY likes softer stuff:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
When I had my B&G Macaw, she did not chew or destroy like a Macaw!! LOL! She probably did less damage to a toy than say a Conure does.

Don't forget, you can add a small or medium size Stainless Steel Bird Toy to your mix, it is not a chewable toy but many birds love the stainless!!