• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy making gone wrong

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Last night my daughter and I decided to make Howard a toy out of popsicle sticks. He loves easy to chew toys that take very little effort to destroy. My husband got the drill for us and a board to put under the sticks to protect the table. He went back to watching tv and fell asleep. We thought we were doing great until we were done and moved the board that "was suppose to protect the table." When we saw what we did we quietly tried turning the table around so the hole marks weren't on his side. Half way thru turning the table he said from the backroom what did you do drill holes in the table?? This man can sleep thru anything, I thought. :cautious: he looked at it and said it would probably be 20200523_103512.jpg better if we just kept ordering toys...

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I've done the same on my hardwood floors. My building is very old and the floors are original, so they're not in great shape to begin with. There's a spot where there's a gap so I do the drilling there. My birds go through toys so fast making them myself is invaluable! Just have to find a good place to do it!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I did that in our old garage, right through the concrete. I asked hubby to do it for me a few times and I was tired of nagging.

Of course.... I was well aware that I was damaging the floor... He bought me a drill press after that. :laugh: