• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy Ideas

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have a board of bird-safe wood that I got to use with my Cricut, so decided that I would make a bird toy out of it. The board is 3/32 in. thick (not a fraction I ever thought I would see lol) I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for what kind of bird toy I could make out of it?

(I would use my Cricut to cut the wood) If you don't know what a cricut is, here's a link to the one I have:

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
That's a cool machine!

Maybe some sort of slot together ball that you could fill with shredded paper and some treats?

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That's a cool machine!

Maybe some sort of slot together ball that you could fill with shredded paper and some treats?
That sound cool! Not sure how I'd go about making it though lol

Here's a pic of the board

1590322401232805904030.jpg

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I found a link right to the instuctions, and I think this is what I'll do, but I will change the size a bit to make it more sutiable for budgies.

Reactions: Ali

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I haven't gotten to making it yet, I've been busy. (My sister's birthday is only a few days after mine and my brother's is in about a week lol, I was making decorations with the Cricut)

I'm going to try to make it before the weekend, but the weekend is a much more likely time because I usually don't have much to do on the weekend. Plus I have to watch some tutorials about cutting wood with a Cricut. I have everything I need, but I've never done it before lol

I have the design in the cricut app, so I just have to figure out if I have to secure the wood in any way, and I will need to move my Cricut away from the wall to make room for the wood
(I usually don't cut hard materials, the hardest thing I've cut was "Glitter Cardstock" and it still bent enough to not hit the wall) Cutting wood with a Cricut also takes a long time, but I'm hoping that becasue it is so thin, it will be faster than most woods.

Reactions: Ali